C200 Continous Recording download

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-18 22:02:03
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

Hi, 

today I received the Tapo C200. I was looking for a while now for a camera that can record continously while also allowing the download of these recordings. I now have the following problem. 

When I open the app and set quality to HQ, then close the app and open again, quality is set to LQ. I do not understand why the cam depends on the connection to the app. I simply want it to continously record on the sd card in HQ. The next problem I have is, that I seem to only be capable to watch the continous recording in the app. The storage tab is empty. If I record 24 hours, how can I downlaod this file. Can I maybe get it of the sd card? I know that when I hit record that these videos are on storage and I can download then. But I want the camera to completely independently from any app or phone to record 24/7 and then whenever I want to connect my phone and download this continuous recording or copy it of the sd card. Please tell me that this is possible.  I have tried multiple cameras and NONE so far offers this super simple functionality. Either the files are encrypted, or downlaod does not work, or cloud connection is required, I am really tires of trying cameras. 

For background, I want to film myself while sleeping, to see analyse sleep patterns and movement. I do not want to always get out my phone, hit record and than leave open the app. The cam should run 24/7 and simply allow me to download what I want when I want. 

Thank you in advance for your support. I really hope I just did something wrong. 

Options
13 Reply
Re:C200 Continous Recording download
2020-03-19 01:44:20

@Sander12 

Hi, 

To ensure a smooth Live View in a somehow low bandwidth environment when viewing the camera remotely, we set the video resolution to LQ (360P) by default. You may switch to HQ (1080P) manually on the Live View page if you have a high bandwidth certainly. But if you are in the local network, the video resolution should be the one that you set.

Regarding the recording, the motion detected recordings and local continuous recordings are saved in the SD card, while the manually recorded clips or pictures are saved in Memory of the app, which will occupy the phone memory.

The recordings in Memory can be shared, downloaded or deleted on the Tapo app directly, however, the recordings saved in the SD card cannot be shared, downloaded or deleted directly from the Tapo app, users will need to put the SD card into a computer (with an SD card reader) or phone to delete/download the corresponding recordings.

Good day.

Options
2020-03-19 11:05:29

@Stella.Q 

Hi, thank you for the quick reply. Overall this is not the best user experience, but the most important thing to me is that I can get the videos and indeed, I found them on the sd card. On the PC there is no audio, while in the app when I play the files they have audio. I have to say though the audio quality is  unusable, I can not understand a single spoke word, its all a big mush of noise. I will do some further testing and hope that audio quality is better in the next tests. 

Thank you kindly for your support, that you answer is really appreciated. So many companies that do not give anything on customer support! 

Also stay safe and healthy and have a good day! 

Options
2020-03-20 07:26:17

@Sander12 

You are welcome! You can try to do more tests about audio quality. Just feel free to let us know if any help needed.

Stay safe and healthy!

Options
2020-06-06 19:55:50

1. How to save recoding on sd card and see on pc why can't u enable a.smb network like we use for windows sharing?

2. What is duration of countinous recording ? If it records from 9am to 9pm for eg everyday ?

3. Can it record countinously in specific time and remain shut other time ? 

4. Need to record for workers working in our kitchen and avoid theft, don't want motion detection etc

Options
2020-06-17 15:41:58

@Stella.Q 

It would be a great feature if the user can download also these recordings. I asked myself how to download and found the answer here.

It is uncomfortable to take out the card.

Options
2020-06-19 01:14:38

@Robby1001 

Hi, make sure you are tagging a TP-Link Admin if you want a timely response. Unless we are tagged we do not see that new responses have been added.  We do not subscribe to every thread so rely on Tagging to ensure responses.   

1. How to save recoding on sd card and see on pc why can't u enable a.smb network like we use for windows sharing?

Unfortunately, the recordings saved in the SD card cannot be shared, downloaded, or deleted directly from the Tapo app, you may check if it could help you use a third-party application like iSpy to manage the camera on your computer.

2. What is duration of countinous recording ? If it records from 9am to 9pm for eg everyday ?

You may set a recording schedule per your requirement:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2622/

3. Can it record countinously in specific time and remain shut other time ? 

This is the same answer as Q2.

4. Need to record for workers working in our kitchen and avoid theft, don't want motion detection etc

You may refer to the guide in Q2 to set the schedule to Continuous Recording.

May it help.

Options
2020-06-19 01:17:24

@Blin4ik 

Thanks for your suggestion, maybe we will consider to add the download feature for the clips saved in the SD card in the future.

Options
2020-10-18 13:42:08

@Solla-topee 

Solla-topee wrote

@Blin4ik 

Thanks for your suggestion, maybe we will consider to add the download feature for the clips saved in the SD card in the future.

When will this feature be available? I want to save the recorded files from the SD card without having to remove the card once a week, as the camera is fixed in a difficult to reach location.

Options
2020-12-16 23:08:31
I have the same concern. Its very inconvenient to remove SD card when camera is installed on the roof or something like that.
Options
2020-12-30 06:46:53

One major issue with the present features: the whole data is stored in memory card and the memory card is attached to an open side of cam. It's very easy for someone to take away the memory card leaving no traces. Also the cam as such can be stolen and memory card goes alongwith. In either case we can't download the recorded videos and hence purpose of cam won't be served. 

To address this issue, there has to be a feature in cam to backup the data remotely to mobile or PC whenever it is connected or app is opened (real time or user defined periodically). This will be a remedy for the aforesaid shortcoming due to full dependancy on memory card. Also it is uncomfortable to take out the card everytime for backup. I really wish if company introduce some update in app software for this. (Also a windows PC version is needed badly)

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 6794

Replies: 13

Related Articles