Votes

Tapo C200 How do i save the video in the Clound

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-30 06:18:02 - last edited 2022-07-29 12:28:30
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Tapo C200 How do i save the video in the Clound?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re: Tapo C200 How do i save the video in the Cloud-Solution
2021-06-21 09:39:05 - last edited 2022-07-29 12:28:30

Hello everyone, 

We know many of you are expecting the Cloud feature on Tapo cameras, and here comes Tapo Care! 

Tapo Care has been released  in some countries and areas since 2021, with Tapo care subscription,  you won't be worried about situations when there is a Wi-Fi / power outage or cameras accidentally goes offline. Cloud Video clips created will be saved into a cloud, and you could view what happened before the incident.

Apart from cloud storage, Tapo Care also brings nice features like AI Detection/Rich notification/Privacy Zone, etc. to help improve the experience using the camera.

For more details, please check here: 

TP-Link Tapo Care Introduction

General Questions about Tapo Care

Kindly note that TP-Link uses Amazon AWS for cloud service, which is reliable and has the cost, so the cloud feature is not a free option and requires a  subscription. 

• For any feedback with Tapo Care,  it is welcomed to leave your ideas or share your improvement suggestions on Feature Request Board for Tapo or leave your comment the most Popular Feature Requests for Tapo , that will help us organize feedback, set priority for it and share them with our team for consideration. 
  • As this feature has implemented for a long time, this topic will be temporarily closed, if you have any question or need help with tapo cameras, please Start a New Thread and with case details.

Thank you for your understanding.  

Recommended Solution
Options
31 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 How do i save the video in the Clound
2020-07-01 11:02:51 - last edited 2022-07-29 12:28:30

@Fedon 

The Tapo C200 only supports local storage with an SD card inserted currently. 

Don't worry that we already have the plan to add support for cloud storage in the near future.

Options
Re: Tapo C200 How do i save the video in the Cloud
2020-09-29 11:26:31 - last edited 2022-07-29 12:28:30

hello TP link team : When are you going to enable cloud storage for Tapo C200 ????

Options
2020-10-09 02:34:04 - last edited 2022-07-29 12:28:30

@Gurvinder 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

We did not have the plan for cloud storage for Tapo cameras yet.

And we would report your feedback to the senior engineers for further evaluation.

Please keep attention to our official website for updated news.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2021-01-19 10:18:14 - last edited 2022-07-29 12:28:30

@Brook 

I can't wait for this feature to be supported.

Please work on it, as for many people want it to be available

Big THANKS !!!

Options
2021-02-13 14:57:06 - last edited 2022-07-29 12:28:30

@Brook 

Hi, your earlier post said, there are plans to support cloud storage. But in the later post, you mentioned there is no plan. Is something changed ?

Providing cloud storage support would be really helpful to lot of users.

Options
2021-06-17 14:52:12 - last edited 2022-07-29 12:28:30

@Brook 

Just like @Uday_Kancharla pointed, you first said that this feature was being planned for the near future.

@brook - 2020-07-01 08:02:51

The Tapo C200 only supports local storage with an SD card inserted currently.

Don't worry that we already have the plan to add support for cloud storage in the near future.

Then, some time after you said that this feature is not planned:

@brook - 2020-10-08 23:34:04

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

We did not have the plan for cloud storage for Tapo cameras yet.

And we would report your feedback to the senior engineers for further evaluation.

Please keep attention to our official website for updated news.

Thanks a lot.

This is obviously a money grab by tp-link who, seeing the interest in having the ability to save footage from this affordable camera to the cloud, which would help a lot of people not need investing into very expensive camera setups, decided that they would not include this feature and possibly release a new more expensive product, probably with a subscription, that would allow this.

Way to go! If I wanted to lose a bunch of my credibility and clients, that's exactly what I would do.

There is no other reason NOT to include a function where the user could setup some time to export the recording to some cloud service like Google Drive or Onedrive. It would cost you very little to develop and nothing to maintain. And, at the same time, it would make it safer for users since they wouldn't lose there recordings if some thief simply stole the camera as well, and also it would be more reliable since clients would not have to depend on tp-links servers being online to use their cameras.

This is a huge anti-client move by tp-link, and I will keep it in mind when shopping for future products.

Options
Re: Tapo C200 How do i save the video in the Cloud-Solution
2021-06-21 09:39:05 - last edited 2022-07-29 12:28:30

Hello everyone, 

We know many of you are expecting the Cloud feature on Tapo cameras, and here comes Tapo Care! 

Tapo Care has been released  in some countries and areas since 2021, with Tapo care subscription,  you won't be worried about situations when there is a Wi-Fi / power outage or cameras accidentally goes offline. Cloud Video clips created will be saved into a cloud, and you could view what happened before the incident.

Apart from cloud storage, Tapo Care also brings nice features like AI Detection/Rich notification/Privacy Zone, etc. to help improve the experience using the camera.

For more details, please check here: 

TP-Link Tapo Care Introduction

General Questions about Tapo Care

Kindly note that TP-Link uses Amazon AWS for cloud service, which is reliable and has the cost, so the cloud feature is not a free option and requires a  subscription. 

• For any feedback with Tapo Care,  it is welcomed to leave your ideas or share your improvement suggestions on Feature Request Board for Tapo or leave your comment the most Popular Feature Requests for Tapo , that will help us organize feedback, set priority for it and share them with our team for consideration. 
  • As this feature has implemented for a long time, this topic will be temporarily closed, if you have any question or need help with tapo cameras, please Start a New Thread and with case details.

Thank you for your understanding.  

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-07-28 11:52:16 - last edited 2022-07-29 12:28:30

@Solla-topee So I did my research. Turns out, you have an option that meets the requirements: https://www.netatmo.com/en-eu/security/cam-indoor. Zero points for TP-Link on this matter.

Oh, the Netatmo not only meets the requirements, it exceeds them:

Video storage is free and flexible

Local video storage on the included microSD card.

Choose to store your videos automatically on your personal Dropbox cloud.

Or, choose to backup videos automatically on your personal FTP server.

10 points for Netatmo on the matter.

Options
2021-07-28 12:46:51 - last edited 2022-07-29 12:28:30

Tapo camera supports s 24/7 continuous recording and video clips saved in the SD card but it does not support FTP server nor personal Dropbox storage compared with the brand you mentioned.Thank you for advice  we will record your suggestion for further evaluation. I hope customers could find a referable model within their own budget. 

Options
2021-08-02 13:00:21 - last edited 2022-07-29 12:28:30

Well, the price, as I understand it, would be the same or even more for your product should you offer your cloud as a paid service. 12mths with a low price of just 4,99€/mth would run for 59,88€ (which is about the price of your product). For 24mths that would double to 119,76€. Add your base product price to this and you are already paying more than you would have if you would have chosen e.g. the Netatmo I proposed. Argument can be made about the price for storage (cloud) but than can be acquired for free or the FTP options used within LAN for practically free storage space. Your notation for the price not only does not hold water but undermines the consumer. I will for this reason revise my review of zero points for you and assign -5 points for you. Shame on you, TP-Link.

edit. I assume with the above the security camera is purchased for intended use of at least 2yrs. Also the argument for monthly paid service is not going to be taken well with customers already paying for literally everything they do not own monthly. If I would rent the camera as well monthly payment would be assumed. With the ownership of the device paying for the device to be useful at all sounds like a rip-off.

Options

Information

Helpful: 11

Views: 31841

Replies: 31

Voters 9

+ 5 Voters