Votes

Smart actions

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Limit on Smart Actions?. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Smart actions

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Limit on Smart Actions?. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Smart actions
Smart actions
2020-07-04 16:53:51 - last edited 2023-01-04 05:56:05

When will the 3 action limit be raised? I have 6 switches and want to finish the home conversion with 20 more. But if we can't have more than 3 total actions, I need to move to a different brand. Please advise ASAP. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Smart actions-Solution
2022-10-12 09:48:07 - last edited 2023-01-04 05:55:42

@Sidkrish 

Hello everyone, 

We bring some good news for the popular smart action feature amongst our users! 

With the new Kasa APP 3.0 that has been released recently,  now more than 3 smart action can be active at a time.

Please check this thread for the updated information for this feature request 

The Limit of Three Smart Actions Has Been Removed with the new Kasa 3.0 APP . -Solution

Related Articles:

Kasa APP 3.0

New Kasa Application Launching

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Smart actions
2020-07-15 09:38:25 - last edited 2023-01-04 05:55:42

@Moose1m 

Hello,

As far as I know that the initial 3 smart actions are only an early-stage implementation. The plan is to increase the 3 action limit at a later time, however, there is currently no exact date or time expectation for it.

Please pay more attention to the Kasa app and kindly wait for the future updates, thanks.

Options
2020-07-15 14:21:25 - last edited 2023-01-04 05:55:42

@Moose1m check out the TP-Link Deco M9 Plus wifi mesh router with smart home router built in.  This product will give you awesome wifi in your house plus give you the ability to have unlimited smart actions via the Deco app on all your smart switches.

Ryan

Options
2020-07-15 14:27:23 - last edited 2023-01-04 05:55:42

@Moose1m Smart actions in Deco

Options
2021-02-04 06:05:38 - last edited 2023-01-04 05:55:42

@Brook 

'As far as I know that the initial 3 smart actions are only an early-stage implementation. The plan is to increase the 3 action limit at a later time, however, there is currently no exact date or time expectation for it.

Please pay more attention to the Kasa app and kindly wait for the future updates, thanks.'

Well it is now Feb 2021, does anybody know when the limit will be raised yet? Or are we to kindly keep our mouths shut until it does if it ever does? Also what does 'pay more attention to the Kasa app' mean? Please don't tell me to just keep checking it for an update, in liu of complaining to the source. I can tell you I checked it today and guess what. I was disappointed. Your switches are advertised to be able to do these things. I was kinda expecting they would be able to do what tp-link advertised and then find out, in the help on the Kasa app, that only 3 of my 32 tp-link switches are able to use smart actions. That is not cool.

Another poster here suggest buying a router from tp-link that would give users unlimited smart actions for their devices. That is not a good suggestion or solution. I'm sure you know most cable/internet providers already include a pretty kick ass router. As a matter of fact, my cable TV will not work without that router. I'm not going to buy another router just for smart actions.

I know I mentioned having 32 Kasa devices. I have been slowly replacing the switches in my house and also have some Kasa smart plugs. I'm getting very close to 'switching' brands. I know you know that you have already gotten my money for the 32 switches, and there's nothing I can do about that. What you don't know is how many I have left to replace. And when I switch to another brand, I will replace them all. All that means is one of your competitors will get even more money. Then I will come here and tell your other customers which one I chose, and how good they are.

Or you could just kindly raise the limit

Options
2021-08-06 09:10:55 - last edited 2023-01-04 05:55:42

@RyanEverhart789 hi Ryan 

I know kasa only allows 3 smart actions to be enabled at one time. I just got deco and am wondering how many smart actions can be enabled at a time. 
also if it is also 3 then can I enable 3 on kasa and a different 3 on deco. 
thanks in advance. 
btw I use 13 smart bulbs and 6 smart plugs. 
cheers

sidkrish 

Options
Re:Smart actions-Solution
2022-10-12 09:48:07 - last edited 2023-01-04 05:55:42

@Sidkrish 

Hello everyone, 

We bring some good news for the popular smart action feature amongst our users! 

With the new Kasa APP 3.0 that has been released recently,  now more than 3 smart action can be active at a time.

Please check this thread for the updated information for this feature request 

The Limit of Three Smart Actions Has Been Removed with the new Kasa 3.0 APP . -Solution

Related Articles:

Kasa APP 3.0

New Kasa Application Launching

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1145

Replies: 6