Multiple HS103 Smart Plugs - Briefly turns power off to appliance that is plugged into it

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Multiple HS103 Smart Plugs - Briefly turns power off to appliance that is plugged into it

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-20 13:38:15 - last edited 2020-12-11 03:53:19
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

Hey Kasa peeps, I started having a strange issue with a couple of my smart plugs the other day. I have several of these units as well as some other models and 1 smart switch. 2 days ago, I notice at least 2 of the devices that are powered by my HS103 are randomly cutting power to the devices that are plugged into them. It happens very briefly and the device comes right back on. The Kasa app doesn't indicate any issues and nothing else in the house seems to be having power issues. Wifi and internet are both very strong throughout the house. Any ideas on what could be causing the issue?

HS103

Hardware 2.1

Firmware 1.1.2

Options
6 Reply
Re:Multiple HS103 Smart Plugs - Briefly turns power off to appliance that is plugged into it
2020-08-03 02:23:24

@g0r3 I am having this issue as well with both of mine.  It started last week.

Options
Re:Multiple HS103 Smart Plugs - Briefly turns power off to appliance that is plugged into it
2020-08-03 17:56:49 - last edited 2020-12-11 03:53:19

@Tracie Strange issue isn't it? However, mine eventually stablized for some reason and hasn't done it in a week or so. Fingers crossed!

Options
2020-08-04 06:13:56

@g0r3 

Hello,

What kind of device did you plug into this HS103 and what is the maximum load does it require?

How about the MAC address of the problematic HS103? How far away from the main wireless router? Please ensure the wireless signal strength on it is sufficient to maintain a stable connection.

When the issue happened on the specific HS103, are other smart devices still working properly?

Good days.

Options
2020-08-04 11:44:05

@Brook 

Hi there,

2 of the devices that had the issue simply had lamps plugged into them (115-120v) using low watt LED bulbs. The other one has a 115-120v air purifier plugged in. 

What about the MAC addresses? Do you need to know what they are? Was there a bad batch that had a certain MAC address range?. I have a very powerful WiFi router and the signal strength is very strong throughout the entire house. 

Yes, I also have some HS105's, HS200 as well as Google Mini's, Hubs, Nest thermostats, Ring doorbell, etc etc. Nothing else experienced any issues throughout the house.

Options
2021-06-09 01:56:15

@Brook 

In my experience, these things default to "ON" so unless they get interference from somewhere that "looks like" a command off, they should stay on.

I just bought a HS-103P4(US) based on the 15A rating in the Amazon ad, and almost had a cow when I set the first one up and it IDd as a 103.

Turns out they are HS103V5, "Rating 100-120V~60HZ 15A".

This post gives me pause - maybe I should return them?

Brook wrote

@g0r3 

Hello,

What kind of device did you plug into this HS103 and what is the maximum load does it require?

How about the MAC address of the problematic HS103? How far away from the main wireless router? Please ensure the wireless signal strength on it is sufficient to maintain a stable connection.

When the issue happened on the specific HS103, are other smart devices still working properly?

Good days.

Options
2021-06-23 06:14:38

@Doug-in-S.D.CA  Hello, 

From the original poster, it could be auto reboot issue on smart plug caused by the unwanted packets being sent to the plug, if your plug have similar problem, please check this related post. [Solution] Kasa devices reboot randomly

https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/262328

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1801

Replies: 6

Related Articles