Votes

Tapo camera view/control via PC ( windows 10) HELP

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC. Please vote on the main thread.

Votes

Tapo camera view/control via PC ( windows 10) HELP

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC. Please vote on the main thread.
80 Reply
Re:Tapo camera view/control via PC ( windows 10) HELP
2024-06-16 15:34:36
Options
2024-06-16 20:39:03

@Richard_T123 

If it is an option to you, i'd return it. There are other cameras on the market that come with software to view on you PC, a tablet, you phone, whatever you want. I played back and forth with the TP-Link company and no one could ever explain why their tech's could not come up with the software to do this. So, I did return all my cameras and told them where they could "store" them. 

Best of luck

Don

Options
2024-07-25 09:58:55

@Solla-topee hi i am trying to stream using vlc player but after puting ip address and port it ask for rtsp authentication and username and password

whats the username and password for rstp authentication  thannks

Options
2024-07-25 10:22:53

@aamir979 

Hi,
It should be the camera account you have configured on the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings>Advanced Settings page. You can refer to the instructions below to find the detailed instructions.
How to view the Tapo camera on PC/NAS/NVR through RTSP/Onvif Protocol?
Best Regards

Options
2024-07-26 06:55:56

@Designerappz 

Designerappz wrote

@MALVICO 

You can view Tapo camera on windows 10, using Security Eye, once installed.

In the tapo app create an account for the camera, username and password.

Then run Security Eye on Pc.

Select add camera, enter details Ip address etc username and password for camera, 

Once complete you can watch live feed record onto pc hard drive. 

I was (somehow) able to use Security eye before. But I had to reinstall my windows, and since then I can not make it work again. Should I disable windows firewall or something?

Options
2024-07-29 16:25:25

@Solla-topee thank you for this summary.

Why do we need to play around that way? 

It is such a trivial feature to develop a software and let us control the camera by PC.

I ordered 5 cameras and I'm thinking of giving them back to some more expensive ones just in order to be able to control them easily by PC.

It's frustrating

Options
2024-08-08 02:18:42 - last edited 2024-08-08 02:18:58

@Solla-topee Well you certainly don't have my understanding, these are "home security devices", so only offering solutions for managing them on phones is utterly moronic. Whoever comprehensively evaluated that is a buffoon and is gonna cost your company a lot of sales in the long run. I'm certainly never buying another TP-Link camera until there's an actual sane way to manage them.

I appreciate your understanding.

Options
2024-08-27 10:12:58
Options
3 weeks ago
Options
20 hours ago
Options