Tapo C200 not working after firmware update to 1.0.14

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo C200 not working after firmware update to 1.0.14

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 not working after firmware update to 1.0.14
2020-11-03 08:48:13

@Johnson-zayed 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

After the firmware update, did the camera stop powering up, or it begins dropping the connection after the firmware update?

Have you come back to the UK already?

How long have you had this device and where did you purchase the camera?

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-12-08 11:52:06

@Brook  Why did you guys push an update when you knew it was having problems ?  sad

I ended up falling in the trap and updating the firmware and now I cannot reset the device, nor can I use it.

Do you have any secret key combinations to factory reset the device ?

Options
2020-12-08 14:41:16
I don't understand how you have marked this as an "Accepted Solution" given the fact that your firmware update has been reported to brick the device for multiple customers (including me). If anything, you should find a way to either help us be able to "Factory Reset" our device. Or have the courtesy to admit that you and your engineering team messed it up and you should recall this mess.
Options
2020-12-09 07:20:26

@RickyGoldsmith 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

Have you referred to this link to factory reset the Tapo C200:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2705/

As for the firmware issue, since not all the cameras have the issue after the firmware update, we could not make sure it is the firmware issue or not.

And before the firmware release, there would be many rounds of test to make sure the firmware is ready for work.

But if you have more details related to the firmware issue, we would be happy to report to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options
2020-12-10 06:45:26

@TP-Link @Brook Thank you for your reply. I tried both the options in the FAQ. Holding the reset button does not reset the device any more. Then I did the 2nd option, which is to remove the camera from the app. But still I see no device reset on the Tapo. When I switch it on, it only has the red LEDs on permanently.

Is there no another way to fix this problem ?

:-(

If you help me through the steps, I can try to extract as much information possible, to help your engineers find the problem. Since there are many Tapo users running into this problem, I request you help me with the steps on how to debug this problem.

Options
2020-12-15 06:28:28

@RickyGoldsmith 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Sorry for the delay.

I am afraid that it is more likely that the camera was broken and need to be replaced.

Please try to contact the shop retailer to check for the warranty.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2021-03-02 12:42:30

@Sqfg i have the same experience with my tapo c310. I was able to successfully set it up until i updated the firmware. Now all led lights are red. Can't reset, no voice command. 

How to revert back to older firmware?

Options
2021-08-13 02:10:48

my c200 also not working anymore after last firmware update.

before this, all 2 (or 3) update was ok. it just when offline and after reboot all is ok.

now with this latest firmware update, powering up just red IR LED light up.

Reboot, reset.. all done but still not working.

TPlink should provide us user with some way of "hard reset" or force firmware flash method.

Options
2021-08-17 02:59:51

@max83  Hello, 

It is recommended to factory reset the device and try again.
For the reset, press and hold the reset button for at least 5 seconds until the LED blinks red to reset your camera. Please check the led status and let me know the result.
Here's the link that might help: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2705/
May I know  if there are any special operations or power outage during the upgrade process?

If factory reset still does not help, it is recommended to check warranty with local retailer or support. 

Options
2021-08-18 09:17:57 - last edited 2021-08-18 09:19:06

@Solla-topee 

Yeah . Done that dozen of times . .

No red or green led light.. just like others.. 

Only the IR light up when power connected Local retailer not accepting return anymore.

Options
Related Articles