TAPO C100: Unable to access RTSP stream

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-23 10:42:25 - last edited 2022-02-15 01:38:01
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

I am unable to view the RTSP stream from either of two recently purchased C100 cameras (firmware 1.0.10). Both cameras show in the Tapo app & I have followed the guide at https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2680/.

Username / Passwords have been set in the Advanced Settings / Camera Account section.

I am using a TP-Link Archer VR2800 router with DHCP & the cameras have been allocated IP's 10.50.10.106 & 10.50.10.111.

Using the format rtsp://username:password@10.50.10.111:554/stream2 in VLC from a computer on the same network gives the error "connection failed".

I have also tried scanning / adding the camera via "IP Cam Viewer" on an Android phone, but no stream is found (so it appears not to be an authentication issue).

Neither camera responds to a ping on its IP, but I don't know if this is normal.

Any ideas?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TAPO C100: Unable to access RTSP stream-Solution
2022-02-15 01:37:48 - last edited 2022-02-15 01:38:11

Hello  @Bomonsen 

If anyone has similar concerns, kindly start a new thread here with case details, and we will try to look into that further 

Do you mean the RTSP streaming disconnects sometimes

1. Confirm camera is still online and accessible on Tapo APP / has green Led all the time 

How to Use the Ping Command

2. try to ping  camera IP address on the computer when the issue occurs and see if PC/laptop could still ping the camera:

Can you help confirm some case details to help locate the issue

1.Do you use RTSP streaming under home Wi-Fi network (local network)or remotely? 

Model of router :

The network topology: e.g ISPXX + Fritz router model xx <wireless>Tapo Camera; 

2. What is the error message when issue occur, please share a photo of it.

3. May I know how do you use to do rtsp  streaming like which software/ app do you use  & software version. 

4. How does the connection recover, like refresh app /software or reboot 

By the way, do you use NVR or DVR device or subscribe Tapo Care for camera? 

Thank you

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:TAPO C100: Unable to access RTSP stream
2020-09-23 15:35:57

A further update... If I do an NMAP scan of the camera IP it's not showing any ports open at all.

Has anyone managed to get an RTSP stream from a C100 with the 1.0.10 firmware?

Options
2020-09-24 11:44:10

@CT800 

Good day.

Do you want to live view the camera locally or remotely?

---If remotely, Have you opened port 554 for the Tapo C100 on the VR2800?

---And could you please also check the internet IP address on VR2800 a public IP address, not a private one?

Have you checked if you could live view the camera locally when the computer is located behind the VR2800?

And Are you able to ping 10.50.10.106/111 on this computer?

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-09-25 08:12:25

@Brook  Hi, thank you for your reply.

I am just trying to view the RTSP stream locally, so there are no firewall issues. 

A ping of 10.50.10.106/111 gives the result "Ping request could not find host 10.50.10.106/111. Please check the name and try again."

As mentioned in the earlier post, I am not able to ping the camera at all & scans show no ports open. This is the same for both new cameras.

Options
2020-09-26 10:14:47

@Brook

OK, this is even more strange. I plugged both cameras back in today. I haven't changed anything on the router and the only thing I can think is different is that I'd removed the micro SD cards from the cameras (Kingston Endurance 32GB Class 10). I can now ping both cameras and I'm able to stream from RTSP port 443.

Having scanned both cameras with NMAP, both cameras show open ports on 443, 554, 8800 & 2020. Strangely, one of the cameras also has port 20002 open. I'm not sure why this is only on one camera...?

I've put the SD cards back in the cameras & the ports have remained open. I'm not sure why the ports weren't opened initially? The Firmware version still shows 1.0.10. The build version is 200519 Rel 66820n(455), but I didn't take a note of this before.

Options
2021-02-23 21:41:03

Im having the same issues rtsp feed comes and goes. Ping is the same when I get a feed ut also replyes to ping. I leave vlc on, and eventually it will connect but its annoying to deal with. Anyone with same issues? 

Options
2022-02-08 04:23:04
Can't really help you with your other issues, but I've found that on the Tapo C210, VLC doesn't work but mpv, mplayer and totem work with the URL format you posted
Options
Re:TAPO C100: Unable to access RTSP stream-Solution
2022-02-15 01:37:48 - last edited 2022-02-15 01:38:11

Hello  @Bomonsen 

If anyone has similar concerns, kindly start a new thread here with case details, and we will try to look into that further 

Do you mean the RTSP streaming disconnects sometimes

1. Confirm camera is still online and accessible on Tapo APP / has green Led all the time 

How to Use the Ping Command

2. try to ping  camera IP address on the computer when the issue occurs and see if PC/laptop could still ping the camera:

Can you help confirm some case details to help locate the issue

1.Do you use RTSP streaming under home Wi-Fi network (local network)or remotely? 

Model of router :

The network topology: e.g ISPXX + Fritz router model xx <wireless>Tapo Camera; 

2. What is the error message when issue occur, please share a photo of it.

3. May I know how do you use to do rtsp  streaming like which software/ app do you use  & software version. 

4. How does the connection recover, like refresh app /software or reboot 

By the way, do you use NVR or DVR device or subscribe Tapo Care for camera? 

Thank you

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-03-29 09:16:29
arning 3:57:15 PM VLC not installed - install VLC (x64) for additional connectivity.
Warning 3:57:15 PM VLC64 must be unzipped so the dll files and folders including libvlc.dll and the plugins folder are in c:\program files\ispy\VLC64\
Warning 3:57:15 PM  
Message 3:57:15 PM Checking Plugins...
Message 3:57:15 PM Loading List: open C:\Users\MRFIX\AppData\Roaming\iSpy\XML\objects.xml
Message 3:57:15 PM Added device: http://192.168.7.116:2020/onvif/device_service
Message 3:57:16 PM Loaded 1 cameras, 1 mics and 0 floorplans
Exception: 3:57:20 PM
The remote server returned an unexpected response: (400) Bad Request.
mscorlib
Server stack trace: at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ValidateRequestReplyResponse(HttpWebRequest request, HttpWebResponse response, HttpChannelFactory`1 factory, WebException responseException, ChannelBinding channelBinding) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message) Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at iSpyApplication.OnvifServices.PTZ.GetConfigurationOptions(String ConfigurationToken) at iSpyApplication.Onvif.ONVIFDevice.Connect()
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
Message 3:57:21 PM Reconnecting Camera 0 in 2s
Error 3:57:21 PM Camera 0: Source Error
Exception: 3:57:24 PM
The remote server returned an unexpected response: (400) Bad Request.
mscorlib
Server stack trace: at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ValidateRequestReplyResponse(HttpWebRequest request, HttpWebResponse response, HttpChannelFactory`1 factory, WebException responseException, ChannelBinding channelBinding) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message) Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at iSpyApplication.OnvifServices.PTZ.GetConfigurationOptions(String ConfigurationToken) at iSpyApplication.Onvif.ONVIFDevice.Connect()
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
Message 3:57:24 PM Reconnecting Camera 0 in 5s
Message 3:57:24 PM reconnectfailed: Camera 0
Options
2022-03-31 06:01:58

Hello @Azry 

Do you wish to stream camera locally or remotely? It is recommended to start a new thread with case details like the model & hardware version, photos of rtsp or onvif settings. 

For remotely streaming, make sure you have done port forwarding for tapo cameras on the router, or modem router. 

• ONVIF Service Port: 2020
  • RTSP Service Port: 554

• RTSP URL : rtsp:// camera IP Address:554/stream1
  • ONVIF URL: http://camera IP Address:2020/onvif/device_service
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 8132

Replies: 9

Related Articles