Unable to detect wifi on Tapo app when adding C100 camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-10 03:44:20 - last edited 2020-11-18 06:58:09
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.16

Hello folks,

I bought two Tapo C100 camera & first time installation went pretty smooth. Yesterday morning, both the camera's went offline for some reason. The home wifi (2.4 Ghz, Nokia G-2425A GPON ONT device) is up. But for some reason, the camera LED has the green color blinking slowly indicating I guess unable to connect to wifi. All my other devices ( smartphone, tablet, chromecast ) are able to connect fine though. 

I have reset both the cameras couple of times & attempted fresh installation. Once I connect to the camera's wifi & detect the camera, I am not able to see the wifi SSID in the list of available networks. Selecting Other and manually the wifi info also doesn't help. The cameras were operrational for more than a week btw.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to detect wifi on Tapo app when adding C100 camera-Solution
2020-11-18 06:56:42 - last edited 2020-11-18 06:58:09

@MoRay 

Good day,

Sorry for the delay.

Are you still have the same issue?

If yes, please refer to the following suggestions:

1. If It is not able to detect Nokia, is it able to see other wireless network?
  2. Could you please change the wireless channel on the 4ghz of Nokia to be channel 1/6/11?

Thank you very much!

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to detect wifi on Tapo app when adding C100 camera-Solution
2020-11-18 06:56:42 - last edited 2020-11-18 06:58:09

@MoRay 

Good day,

Sorry for the delay.

Are you still have the same issue?

If yes, please refer to the following suggestions:

1. If It is not able to detect Nokia, is it able to see other wireless network?
  2. Could you please change the wireless channel on the 4ghz of Nokia to be channel 1/6/11?

Thank you very much!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 827

Replies: 1