HS220 dimmer - double tab to trigger routine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-14 16:17:37
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi
I got a Kasa HS220 smart dimmer.
Besides on/off the button it differs into long press and double tab.

I’m wondering if it is possible to use the double tab to trigger a routine (Alexa) or an automation (SmartThings) to switch off all my lights?

Any ideas?

Options
5 Reply
Re:HS220 dimmer - double tab to trigger routine
2021-01-19 10:28:25

@hindseb 

Hi, thanks for your patience.

It is not supported yet.

But since it Is a very useful idea, we have already reported to the senior engineers for further evaluation.

And if anyone had the same request, please feel free to update it here.

And the attached picture is the currently supported features;

Options
2021-03-18 09:21:56

@TP-Link I second that. double tab to turn on a set of light and long press to turn off will be very helpful.

Options
2021-03-18 09:24:28

or truple tab instead of long press will be even better.

Options
2021-08-17 14:48:45

@hindseb Is this in the works? It would be really great to turn off entire rooms with multiple switches in the room. Two presses to turn all off/on 

Options
2021-08-18 16:02:58

Hi @aust 

I am afraid. I never received any updates from @TP-Link if and when this feature would be supported. @TP-Link Maybe you could share the latest status on this. 

Anyway, I found a workaround in case you use Home Assistant. You can create an automation that uses the dim-level as a trigger:
I set up the double click to dim the light to 10%. Home Assistant uses the 10% level to switch off all remaining lights including the switch itself. 

I needed a 2nd home assistant automation when you turn on the switch again. In this case, it goes back to the last dim-level (here 10%). The automation identifies it and puts it back to 100%.

The work around is not perfect. It takes some noticeable time between the double click and all lights turning off. But this is the best I found until @TP-Link builds such a feature. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 2143

Replies: 5

Related Articles