NC200 won't work with common browsers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-21 03:41:09
Model: NC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.1.13 Build 200924 Rel.camers

I have two NC200 cameras but they don't work with Edge, Chrome, or Firefox - latest versions of all. They do work with PaleMoon which I believe is a Firefox derivative.

Chrome, Edge, and Firefox are probably the most common browsers out there, so why doesn't TP-Link allow their cameras to work with these browsers?
In Chrome for example, it says "Um,this brower may not support camera video well.

If you could't view the camera video,try the tpCamera app or another brower such as Internet Explorer,Firefox,Safari,or Opera.We will update the software as soon as possible. Sorry for the in convenience and thanks for your choice."  (the spelling errors are TP-Link's, not mine).
This message has been there for years, as you can tell by the suggestion to use Internet Explorer, despite them saying they will update the software as soon as possible.
Has anyone else overcome this? Downloading the plugin doesn't help.

Options
6 Reply
Re:NC200 won't work with common browsers
2020-11-24 09:50:19

@kaygee 

Good day,

May I know how long have you had the camera?

Did this issue start since you bought the camera?

And did it work well on the tpCamera APP?

Did you want to live view the camera via web management page, or https://www.tplinkcloud.com/ on Chrome, Firefox?

Can I have some pictures about the error message?

Thank you very much!

Options
2020-11-25 04:05:06

@TP-Link
Thanks for your reply. In answer to your questions -
1. I have had the cameras for a little over 4 years

2. before I bought the cameras I had no reason to use the software so I'm not sure of the relevance of your question
3. I'm not sure what you mean by the "tpCamera APP". It works on my android phone if that's what you mean, but on my pc it will not connect via the ip address using Chrome, Edge, or Firefox.  It will connect using Pale Moon. The phone app only allows viewing, not access to settings.

4. I can live view the cameras in those browsers on tplinkcloud.com, but of course I can't access any of the settings there, such as motion detection etc.

Attached are two screen dumps of the messages received when I try to connect.
The first one suggesting I download the plug in is the Firefox screen, and the other appears on both Edge and Chrome.

Options
2020-11-26 03:21:58

@kaygee 

Hi, thank you very much for your kind reply.

There are some windows plugin here and could you please check if it helped or not:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/nc200/#Web_Plugin

Thanks a lot!

Options
2020-11-27 13:42:10

@TP-Link 
The plugin at that url is the same as the one I have already. It is 5 years old.
Chrome says that plugins are no longer installable because any needed plugins are preinstalled in Chrome. From what I can see, you can only install plugins to Firefox that have come from Firefox.
How do I install the plugin to Chrome and or Firefox?

Options
2020-12-03 08:07:39

@kaygee 

Hi, Have you tried to use Internet explorer to have a look?

After checking with the engineers, since the NC200 used MJPEG-streamer, it might have some issues with the latest browser.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options
2020-12-03 10:31:30

TP-Link wrote

@kaygee 

Hi, Have you tried to use Internet explorer to have a look?

@TP-Link .

No, I haven't tried IE. I didn't know it was still around after Edge came on the scene, however I'll stick with Pale Moon, or replace the cameras. Thanks.

Options