C200 disappears from TAPO app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-12 11:26:14
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Dear all,

I have a problem with my TP-Link C200 - also with support from TP-Link.

In middle November I bought a camera C200, I am familiar with the system since I helped a relative install a couple of the same in their home.

At home, installing the device - I cought a glimpse of it in TAPO app for 2-3 seconds and then it was gone (in the app that is).

Next time, after resetting, I was fast and luckily was able to upgrade the firmware on the camera - I thought this was the answer to the problems.

But no, after reboot of camera after firmware update the camera wa gone in the app yet again!

Now November 3rd, I contacted support - clearly a software issue. I filmed the behavior and attached to my case, support recognized the issue.

Then I heard nothing.... I contacted support yet again wich resulted in questions of my app-device (iPhone latest iOS).

Their suggestion try another brand - I luckely got my hands on a Android device, and got the same issues.

After informing support of this..... I hear nothing again - so after pushing the case via the "chat function" of the support-site I got the questions:

"have you enabled VPN and do you have the lastest version of TAPO?"

Answered swiftly - no VPN, and yes latest version of TAPO.

And now December 12th, I have tried to contact support via their channels suggested on web-site.

No luck! They do not answer.

Someone who can suggest what I should do now?

Best regards

//Stebolainen

Options
8 Reply
Re:C200 disappears from TAPO app
2020-12-15 02:54:31

@Stebolainen 

Good day,

I think the issue might be the camera failed to connect to the cloud server after setup.

And Could you please help me check the following information:

1. Is the camera blinking green after setup?

2. When the camera disappear, If you log out the APP and sign in again(please make sure that you are connected to the same local Wi-Fi as the camera), are you able to detect the camera?

3. What is the model number of your home router?

4. Could you please try to turn off the firewall and change the DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to have a look?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2020-12-15 12:53:39 - last edited 2020-12-15 13:48:38

@TP-Link 

Good day, and thank tou for your response.

1. Is the camera blinking green after setup?

> No, the camera led is solid green

2. When the camera disappear, If you log out the APP and sign in again(please make sure that you are connected to the same local Wi-Fi as the camera), are you able to detect the camera?

> No

3. What is the model number of your home router?

> Ubiquiti 

4. Could you please try to turn off the firewall and change the DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to have a look?

> I will not turn firewall off - kind of suprised you even suggest that.

> Google DNS activated

Please have a look at the supportcase registred TKID201019598.

Best regards

Options
2020-12-21 10:16:36

@TP-Link 

So, another week has passed - and no news or solution to the problem.

If the issue is that great would you mind replacing the device I got with another one that I can use?

Options
2020-12-22 07:19:58

@Stebolainen 

Hi

Sorry for the delay.

It is my fault and I did not check the reply on time and really sorry for the inconvenience.

We would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Could you please have a check of your email box later.

At the same time, once you received the email, could you please reply the email with your TP-Link Could ID and a picture of the bottom label on the Tapo camera?

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options
2021-02-03 17:14:41
I have the same issue. I had two cameras working in the app, then disconnected them for 1 month and now when I turn them on they appear in the app, but with "offline". I have disconnected the firewall for them.
Options
2021-04-04 08:30:20

@Stebolainen 

Hi Every one, I have exactly the same issue, one camera C200 stay in the app and the second disappear 2 ou 3 second after adding it in the app.

Recently there was a firmware update so I thought it will fix the issue but nothing...

Did you find a solution ?

Have a good week end.

Regards.

Options
2021-04-04 10:01:00

@astemix 

My solution was to upgrade Firmware.

Be lightning fast when you see the camera in the app and click on it. Then you will be able to upgrade.

Best regards

Options
2021-04-04 12:57:21

@Stebolainen 

Thank you for you answer ! Unfortunately, I'm already in the last version of the firmware :-)

I'm gonna try again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2208

Replies: 8

Related Articles