Some of the Tapo C200 Cameras Keep Disconnecting from Home Wifi and appears to be Offline

Some of the Tapo C200 Cameras Keep Disconnecting from Home Wifi and appears to be Offline

90 Reply
Re:Some of the Tapo C200 Cameras Keep Disconnecting from Home Wifi and appears to be Offline
2023-05-29 02:13:49

@Solla-topee

Same issue with me new camera getting disconnected from the home wifi. The other camera continue to work without any issue. I think its more to do with the model. As I bought two camera of same model and faced the problem. Thought the model may be defective and got it replaced but the problem remains. The Camera model I am talking about is C 110, where as in the same network C100 is working without any issue. 

I changed the DNS setting and did all other thing as advised earlier in the thread but its of no use.

The Camera Mac address is 48-22-54-A9086-42

Hardware version is 2.0

Firmware version is 1.3.2.

Please note I checked the software update its shows software is upto date.

I tried to add the model to the network as C100 and C111 but thatt also did not help.

Please advice.

Options
Re:Some of the Tapo C200 Cameras Keep Disconnecting from Home Wifi and appears to be Offline
2023-06-16 06:33:24

I'm also having this issue.

My cameras are C100 and also C310 and C320WS.

C310 and C320WS are connected by cable and also having the issue from time to time, like in C100.

I do not have a Mesh system but a single router.

In order to check the availability of the cameras I have a cron at my system that runs every minute and sends a message when a camera isnt' available (via ping) and sends another message when the camera is connected to the network. The most normal situation is the camera becomes connected just a few seconds after disconnected (I receive the camera available notification when the cron runs again after a camera unavailable notification).

Options
2023-07-03 06:58:09

@Kel 

Hi I have realized baiscaly TP-Link do nat have any answer to our querries. I am also not sure whether they really have any research time working on the issues. 

The issue I have raised is not new, its the old issue but with no solutions.

They need to understand that these cameras are installed with a purpose of remote monitoring we cannot afford to loose connection when we are in remote. Under that condition its just not possible to do anything.

I tried the following and now its working so I am sharing this for the benefit off all concerned. 

There is some conflict issue between the TP router and CP200 camera ( I am not usre about others as I have not tried them). Hence the camera gets disconnected from the wifi but on the background the camera is fully functional.

I added another wifi router parallel to the existing one and connected the camera CP200 to this router and since then the camera are connected and I can monitor remotely.

I am sure this is not the ultimate solution but as a end user I need my issue to be sorted out. The TP faternity failed in sorting out the issue.

Thank you. 

Options
2023-07-11 07:05:50

@maanylon its

maanylon wrote

@diogobsb I just use the Kasa-app, connect to the plug and then turn it off and then back on again.

Setting a static IP to all TP-Link devices has fixed the connection issue for me, so I don't even have to do that anymore. Works for any device that uses Tapo... well, bulbs and cameras at least.

woks for me too!!! Thanks a lot!

Options
2023-07-11 07:06:25

@Razahmed set a fixed ip for the camera, it works fine for me.

Options
Re:Some of the Tapo C310 Cameras Keep Disconnecting from Home Wifi and appears to be Offline
2023-07-19 07:40:40

@kyo have same issues with C310 camera, it's disconnecting after around 12 to 24 hours and is impossible to reconnect or reboot via the app when away from home, therefore useless. It does reconnect if unplugged. Red light comes on when it disconnects and the app states offline. I'm about to return it to Amazon as I went on to the live chat yet had no response. The camera is near the router, I have full fibre 70mbs, so it isn't my WiFi. I have a Google nest near the camera which never disconnects so the router and WiFi isn't the problem. All TV streaming is stable too. Router is hub 2 and WiFi is Plusnet.

Options
2023-07-19 19:06:58

@Kel same problem with my c210 camera disconnect after some time and show offline . I bought it  a month ago 

Options
2023-07-21 09:52:26

@Aarav_Dhaka   @Ianarchie 

Hi,
Thank you for your case report here. To better help you locate and solve the camera unstable/offline issue, it's encouraged to Start a New Thread to describe your problem, usage scenario, and the troubleshooting you have done for further help.

You can also refer to the recommended suggestion here to troubleshoot your issue first, and then Start a New Thread to look for further help if you'd like to solve the problem.

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-26 18:47:54

@Magnus-STO  same problem here, disconnects frequently, more than once a day. So far I view it as a poor product with no solution as far as I can see. Had up cameras in the past that did not have this issues. Same replies repeated from the manufacturer with no solution. The worse thing is you can't reboot when away from home which renders the product useless as a security camera. . It it does carry on recording to the SD card without being online, at least that's something but I've not checked that yet. I have a new full fibre router and internet, the Google nest and smart TV always work so it's nothing to do with the internet. The camera is positioned near a 70mbs router. Rebooted over and over again and set it to auto reboot in the morning yet it still lets me down constantly.

Options
2023-08-28 10:49:45

@Ianarchie 

I changed the router it worked. I think the issue is mismatched between the router and the cameras. Unfortunately in this case both are from the same manufacturer and they are still not able to figure out the issue.

Its very risky as these are security camera working while you are not there and any thing happens in your absence means you are totally disconnected from your area.

All the cameras working well with different router, but with the TP- link router the problem persists.

Options
Related Articles