No motion detection alerts for Tapo cam to NVR

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-04 11:15:30 - last edited 2021-01-04 17:17:48
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.17

Hi,

I have integrated 2x C100 and 1x C200 with QNAP Surveillance center as NVR. The cameras are properly detected as ONVIF Profile S ones and the video streams are working fine. BUT, I cannot get any motion detection alerts in the NVR... Any idea on this? Has anybody integrated the Tapo cams with external NVR getting motion alerts from the camera itself (not NVR detected)?

Thank you.

Options
6 Reply
Re:No motion detection alerts for Tapo cam to NVR
2021-01-05 03:45:00

@dimb 

Good day,

Sorry for the delay.

Would there be any motion alerts from the Tapo APP?

And if I am right, ONVIF over third party program only supported live streaming and manually recording via the program, not motion alerts via third party programs.

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-01-05 07:39:21

@TP-Link 

Hello,

motion alerts work with the App. But it is very very disappointing the Tapo camera are declared ONVIF combatible and at the end, no motion alerts are possible over ONVIF (and even no PTZ).

TP-LINK should update the relevant articles clarifying that (e.g. https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2748/).

Are there any plans to add that in a future FW?

Thank you.

Options
2021-01-07 10:03:50 - last edited 2021-01-07 10:04:08

Hi again Can you please indicate to which ONVIF profile does your Tapo C100 and C200 conforms to? Thank you.

Options
2021-11-19 07:23:59
Hi, I have the same problem. Did this get solved ?
Options
2021-11-20 08:23:49

@Hysteppes 

i do have motion alertes reported on my Synology NVR but only the standard motion, every other detection is not integrate in ONVIF, yet ?

Please improve your ONVIF integration !

Blue on the timeline is motion reported by the camera itself. 

Options
2022-04-23 10:11:40

@dimb 

Hi!

could you please tell me what settings did you use? My TP-link C100 is detected by the QNAP surveillance program as ONVIF Profile S but it doesn't receive the stream/ does not record.

IP, port, name/pwd are good. The software shows green mark (instead of the picture from the camera). Could it be because of the video settings? I've managed to configure another camera, the cheap one from Ali, but have troubles with TP-link C100.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1751

Replies: 6

Related Articles