Incorrect date & time on the cameras in offline mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-10 10:48:54
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.17

Hello, 

I have a C200 and C100 cameras which connect to 4G Tp-Link router. The router has restricted access and hence not all devices are given internet access. The cameras have restricted access and cannot access the internet. They work well, but the date and time are always wrong. I assume the cameras update time from an NTP server.

I'm hoping to get answers to the following questions to help me fix the issue. 

1. Is it possible to make it update from the router's time settings?

2. Is it possible to fix this issue in offline mode? 

3. Is there a list of NTP servers that the camera uses so I can enable those IPs on my router? 

4. I tried opening up outgoing UDP port 123 (NTP port), but that also doesn't fix the issue. Which ports can I allow in the router for the cameras to access your NTP servers?

Do you suggest any other method so as to allow my cameras work without internet?

Thank you

Options
3 Reply
Re:Incorrect date & time on the cameras in offline mode
2021-01-10 19:30:44

@ra-do 

If the above questions aren't something you are able to help, could you please tell me how do I operate my cameras without internet? I'd like to use motion detection and see the timestamp in the video. 

Options
2021-01-12 07:27:44

@ra-do 

Hi, Thanks for your patience.

What kind of settings you have done on the camera to limit the internet access, like access control or MAC filtering?

And currently, port forwarding would not help update the time and date on the cameras;

After checking with the senior engineers, if the router could work as a NTP server, it would help the camera get the correct time;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-01-13 14:44:43

@TP-Link Thank you for the reply.

What kind of settings you have done on the camera to limit the internet access, like access control or MAC filtering?

I tried using both Service Filtering and Access Control.

After checking with the senior engineers, if the router could work as a NTP server, it would help the camera get the correct time;

I've configured my router's NTP server, so I assume that now works as an NTP server (see the screenshot below)? However, the cameras still continue to show the incorrect time.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 954

Replies: 3

Related Articles