C200 camera - continuous recording - no playback available

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-26 06:05:30
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.17

Hi there,

I've recently inserted SD cards into my camera and all seems well in the app (card was formatted and shows "good")

Was able to select "loop recording" and edit the schedule to continuous recording.

However, when I go to the playback section of the tapo app, there is no recording available. 

Tried searching previous posts and i think a couple of others had a similar issue but wasn't able to find a solution?

SD card is all working fine (can be read on a PC etc) 

Hoping someone can shed some light on this issue. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:C200 camera - continuous recording - no playback available
2021-01-26 10:14:31

@mufc89 

Hi, thank you very much for your time and patience.

Have you tried to adjust the activity zone and turn on the sensitivity level to have a look?

By the way, if there is no video clip on the playback, did you use to receive any notification on the smartphone

How long have you had the camera and when did this issue start?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-01-26 11:39:42 - last edited 2021-01-26 11:40:04

@TP-Link 

Hi there,

I wouldn't have thought activity zone/sensitivity level is a factor since I'm not using "detection recording" but rather "Continuous recording"? 

My understanding of "continuous recording" is that the camera should record the footage and allow me to view it (ie via the playback area) regardless of whether there is motion or not?

To answer your query, I actually have motion detection turned OFF at the moment, meaning I don't have the option to set activity zone and/or sensitivity. This also means I'm not receiving any notifications on my phone for motion detection.

Essentially, I just want the camera to:
1) Continuously be recording 
2) Be able to view the footage via the app if I want to.

I've had the camera for a couple of months. I initially didn't use a microSD card. I only inserted a microSD card yesterday (with the hope of enabling continuous recording and being able to review footage if need be).

Thanks for your help.

Options
2021-01-28 09:29:44

@mufc89 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

We would like to forward your case to the senior engineers and please have a check of your email box later.

Thanks a lot!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1520

Replies: 3

Related Articles