Can TP Link Cams sonnect to 2 devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-09 21:28:15

I have one C200 and 2 C100 cameras which successfully linked to my Echo 5 and were controlled by the App on my phone.

I recently purchased a Facebook Portal, when I ask Alexa to show each camera the response is that the camera is not connected to the network, I now get the same response from the Echo 5. The Camera in still linked to the App on the phone and displays real time images.

Any ideas ?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can TP Link Cams sonnect to 2 devices
2021-02-11 19:07:19 - last edited 2021-02-11 19:08:22

@Wes-D

Having re booted the cameras both connect again with the Echo-5, but when I attempt to access them through Facebook Portal the response is "OK" then "Waiting for Tapo" appears on the screen for about 5 seconds then shuts down. It seems that it is closing before the link is established. Has anyone else come across this and found a solution. 

The Portal "Help" is useless.

Options
2021-02-15 07:15:36

@Wes-D 

Hi,

Since the Tapo camera was not advertised to be compatible with the Facebook portal so did you link your Amazon account with Facebook Portal?

And did the camera work well on the Echo as well as the Tapo camera?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-02-15 09:05:42

@TP-Link

TP-Link wrote

@Wes-D 

Hi,

Since the Tapo camera was not advertised to be compatible with the Facebook portal so did you link your Amazon account with Facebook Portal?

And did the camera work well on the Echo as well as the Tapo camera?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Yes the Portal is linked to my Amazon account and the cameras work well with both the Echo and my Galaxy 20+

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 315

Replies: 3