tapo c200 unfit for purpose

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-10 13:01:53
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

its now clear that the tapo c200 cameras are not fit for purpose there do not work properly.

1.  They only stream for at best 4 minutes then reset the delay in stream as again at best 5 second + so as a security camera or baby monitor is useless 

2.  These cameras are unfit for purpose are falsely advertised.  

Options
4 Reply
Re:tapo c200 unfit for purpose
2021-02-19 07:15:25

@jackdor 

Hi,

Would it be possible to record a  video clip of this issue?

How about the remote live view via the 3/4G mobile data? Was it much more fluently?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-02-19 12:11:46

@TP-Link  the point is that there advertised as working with Google but they dont  your restrictions on the cloud bandwidth is whats the problem no other camera companie restricts the bandwidth to at best 4 minutes of streaming. As a baby monitor its useless because familys need constant access as a security camera its useless because by the time it streams and with the lag what ever it was that trigger the notification as already happened and us other. You need to make a opition to use these cameras in a local mode bypassing the cloud restrictions thet you inflict on you customers 

Options
2022-01-07 09:57:12

jackdor wrote

its now clear that the tapo c200 cameras are not fit for purpose there do not work properly.

1.  They only stream for at best 4 minutes then reset the delay in stream as again at best 5 second + so as a security camera or baby monitor is useless 

2.  These cameras are unfit for purpose are falsely advertised.  

@jackdor 

Options
2022-02-02 03:08:53 - last edited 2022-02-06 19:40:13

I dont use cloud subs Use local net I use a lenovo 8" tablet (ca £20 EB) for display I get 24/7 live stream It should do the job

OBTW insert say 32Gb micro sd memory into the c200 slot then you have a local record and not dependant on cloud

i have mine on front door duty 24/7

if its going to be a baby monitor then you need a lenovo tablet plugged in to power. you could use your mobile but it needs to be plugged in to charger. Tapo is a heavy drain on battery, hint turn down screen brightness lowest. some mobiles dont let you run on display long time. unless its on display you wont hear the baby crying

remember this only works in thie vicinity of your local wifi

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1893

Replies: 4