Tapo C200 missing important features

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-14 06:04:46
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.17

I hope someone from tp link reads these community posts.

I have an older tp camera NC450, much older than the c200, so when I decided to buy another tp camera because I liked the older one, one would only think it will have at least the same features as its 4 years older sibling (and in tech products one can argue 4 years older is like 10 year older in normal products).

1. c200 can either record all the time or record events, when you record all the time /continuous recording, you can't see activity events indicators in the playback.. is this an app thing or simply this camera isn't that capable?

This is the screenshot from NC450, showing continuous (blue), motion (red )and sound (green) activities 

this is from C200, that scene had both sound and activity, but of course only continuous shows since in the recording schedule you can select either or

2. motion tracking: it's a PTZ, it can detect motion, it's newer, smarter, but can't track motion unlike the NC450 (and almost all Home PTZ cameras in the market)

3. it doesn't have a web interface for easy and advanced management

I regrettably bought two tapo cameras, I thought I will get used to missing the first two missing features, I should have definitely researched better

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 missing important features
2021-02-19 06:42:03

@Qd7 

Hi,

Currently, there is a workaround for the web management over RTSP stream, such as:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2680/

as for the other two ideas, they are all very useful and we also have received the same feedback before and would be glad to forward them to the senior engineers for future evaluation;

and if anyone had the same request, please feel free to update here.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 457

Replies: 1