KL430 and Google Home/Assistant issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-16 19:08:12
Model: KL430  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've had the KL430 strip since November 2019. Right after getting it, I reported the problem to TP-Link that the power controls through Google Home / Assistant stop working shortly after configuration. Since then I haven't gotten any feedback other than "It's a Google problem".

This is 100% unacceptable response and lack of action.

We as customers, should NOT at all deal with another company when business to business communications should be already in place for such issues.

It is YOUR product, YOU fix it. If Google is dragging their feet for a solution, then YOU provide a firmware that adapts to Google software, otherwise stop advertising that it "works" with Google Assistant.

I gave this product over a year to have all issues resolved to no avail. It's great but this knuckle dragging is beyond acceptable product support policy. I'm not the only one who is in the same situation and feels the same way but enough is enough.

Fix the KL430 controls through Google Home / Assistant already!

Options
1 Reply
Re:KL430 and Google Home/Assistant issues
2021-02-18 09:58:50

@Alizom 

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

We have reported this issue to the Google support team already, and they had reproduced the same issue in their lab. Currently, the Google team is investigating the root cause, and we are waiting for a final resolution from them as well.

And This is a temporary solution:

Please try to set two routines in the Google home APP. When you issue the 'Turn on light strip' command, set the brightness of the KL430 to 100%. When you issue the 'Turn off light strip' command, set the brightness of KL430 to 1%.

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 489

Replies: 1