HS200 Can't connect to Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-21 21:00:54
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Just installed a new HS200 and can't get it on to my Wifi network, 2.4Ghz. I even tried creating another SSID just for it. Have tried a factory reset. It's close to the router so no signal strength issues. What else can I try?

The network is set as WPA2-Personal. I have tried "WPA/WPA2-Personal" as well. 

Router is ASUS RT-AX58U if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS200 Can't connect to Wifi
2021-02-25 10:51:02

@theredviper 

Hi,

May I know which step on the Kasa APP that you could not get through--can I have a picture of this page?

And what is the light status at this moment, blinking green, or solid green?

Most of the ASUS routers support AI protection, and could you please disable the AI protection and reboot the router?

If possible, please also change the wireless channel on the 2.4ghz to be channel 1,6, or 11?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:HS200 Can't connect to Wifi
2021-02-25 16:27:30

Thanks I was able to resolve this by turning on location services in the Kasa app. I had originally denied this permission when I installed it. When I tried again this seemed to connect immediately. Please add to the documentation, I didn't notice this requirement anywhere.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 543

Replies: 2

Related Articles