Download video clip from SD card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-10 00:04:06 - last edited 2021-03-10 07:26:58
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.17

Hi

I've just bought a C100 and it's a great camera but there are a couple of things that are dissapointing for me:

There seems to be no option to download the video clips from the SD card over wifi so if there's a section of recorded video I want I have to use the app to play back the clip and record it. This means I have to wait for the duration of the clip before I can then share or download it, this isn't very practical, is there another way of accesing the SD card  I'm missing?

If using motion recording it would be good if you could just select the clip and download it.

If I remove the sd card and save the recorded files when it's put back in the camera does the camera continue recording the same video file is was writting to prior to removing the card or is that file deleted and a new one started?

I know the camera can be used with a NVR, would it work with a Hikvision Hiwatch NVR-104-A?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Download video clip from SD card-Solution
2021-03-10 07:25:37 - last edited 2021-03-10 07:26:58

@Phoenixx Hello, 

- Unfortunately, motion detected recordings and local continuous recordings are saved in the SD card, only the manually recorded clips or pictures are saved in Memory of the app. 

The recordings in Memory can be shared, downloaded or deleted on the Tapo app directly, however, the recordings saved in the SD card cannot be shared, downloaded or deleted directly from the Tapo app, users will need to put the SD card into a computer (with an SD card reader) or phone to check or delete the corresponding recordings. Thank you for your feedback, we will record and forwardyour suggestion to our team for further evaluation. 

-If you remove the SD card from camera and plug SD back in, Tapo camera will continue its recording rather than delete the old recording files. Only when SD card capacity is full, it will begin to overwrite the oldest footage.

Here is a FAQ explaining how to view record on PC which may help: 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2905/

-The Tapo camera supports the standard ONVIF protocol (Profile S), so it will work with NVR or NAS devices that support the standard ONVIF protocol as well.
If your NVR device support standard Onvif and it should work with tapo camera. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Download video clip from SD card-Solution
2021-03-10 07:25:37 - last edited 2021-03-10 07:26:58

@Phoenixx Hello, 

- Unfortunately, motion detected recordings and local continuous recordings are saved in the SD card, only the manually recorded clips or pictures are saved in Memory of the app. 

The recordings in Memory can be shared, downloaded or deleted on the Tapo app directly, however, the recordings saved in the SD card cannot be shared, downloaded or deleted directly from the Tapo app, users will need to put the SD card into a computer (with an SD card reader) or phone to check or delete the corresponding recordings. Thank you for your feedback, we will record and forwardyour suggestion to our team for further evaluation. 

-If you remove the SD card from camera and plug SD back in, Tapo camera will continue its recording rather than delete the old recording files. Only when SD card capacity is full, it will begin to overwrite the oldest footage.

Here is a FAQ explaining how to view record on PC which may help: 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2905/

-The Tapo camera supports the standard ONVIF protocol (Profile S), so it will work with NVR or NAS devices that support the standard ONVIF protocol as well.
If your NVR device support standard Onvif and it should work with tapo camera. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4642

Replies: 1

Related Articles