Wifi password not recognised

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-15 16:52:47

I have two T100 smart plugs. They worked fine for three weeks then they both stopped responding on the same day and now I cannot connect them back up to my wifi. The app tries to connect to my wifi but it keeps saying the password is incorrect.  The wifi and password is working fine on w everything else, I haven't changed anything on my router.    I have reset them, turned my bluetooth on and off, uninstalled the app and reinstalled. Moved them closer to the router...Not sure what else to do. Can anyone help please? 

Options
8 Reply
Re:Wifi password not recognised
2021-03-18 07:58:42 - last edited 2021-03-18 08:00:41

@Skagirl Hi, 

If app got a warning of incorrect password, please help verify Wi-Fi password by forget Wi-Fi and reconnect to it on your cell  phone: 

Go to Settings-> Wi-Fi on your phone, Tap (or Long press  the router's Wi-Fi name  ->Forget / Delete the network 
Please reconnect to your router wifi, and it will ask for a password, will it accept your router password?

Make sure there is no special symbol, no space in your Wi-Fi password. Pay attention to upper case and lower case letters for first digit. 

If it accepts your Wi-Fi password but still plug could not be set up successfully on app , please change a different 2.4Ghz WiFi channel on router to Channel 1, 6, or 11. 

and let us know the Model number of router, thanks.

Options
2021-03-24 16:35:39

@Solla-topee  done all that.

Have set up a TP link power strip after I posted this just fine.  My password is not incorrect. My router is on Channel 1 it's a virgin superhub. All other wifi smart plugs and lights are fine just b oth Tapo plugs still not connecting even though they did previously 

Options
2021-03-25 11:54:23

@Skagirl 

Please make sure there is not any special symbol or space in your Wi-Fi password. 

You could create a Guest WiFi (2.4Ghz) and set an easy password like 12345678, and see if Tapo plug could connect to that Guest WiFi. 

If still not luck, may I know what is the exact Model of your BT hub? Please send us a photo of the Error message on Tapo app, thank you. 

Options
2021-03-25 11:59:24
I have to say that you are not reading the replies, he/she has a virgin hub not BT and other smart devices work so password entry ought to be okay. Can you please answer my two unanswered posts please.
Options
2021-03-25 14:12:24
I dont think you understand. My wifi password is not wrong! I have a virgin superhub not a BT one. The TAPO plugs WORKED FINE for 3 weeks then both stopped working. I have set up other wifi devices AFTER i made my original post and they connect fine via my password.
Options
2021-03-25 14:13:58
Honest ive emailed, posted here amd no further forward. They are ready to go in the bin!!
Options
2021-03-25 15:07:29
Options
2021-03-26 02:06:17

@Skagirl Hello, 

Sorry that I mistook the model before,thank you for your reply and the photo.We'd like to follow up your case vial email and escalate your case, please check your inbox, thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3064

Replies: 8