Tapo C200 - Tapo Skill doesn't work "permanently" on Alexa Echo Show

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-22 22:01:18 - last edited 2021-03-25 12:18:25
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.17

Hello guys,

Just bought a Tapo C200 to monitor my son's bedroom during his sleeptime, but as far as I could experience, Tapo Skill running on Alexa Echo Show turns off after around 10 minutes.

Is this really how it was supposed to work? I've also noticed the MOVEMENT NOTIFICATION doesn't show on Alexa too.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo C200 - Tapo Skill doesn't work "permanently" on Alexa Echo Show-Solution
2021-03-25 12:18:15 - last edited 2021-03-25 12:18:25

@TavinTS Hello, 

So far through Echo show we can only see Live feed of tapo camera , rather than motion detections (motion detection video will be recorded in SD card rather than Cloud). 

When view camera through some 3rd party software like Google home or Echo show, around every 10 mins Echo show will disconnect, this is normal and you will need to ask Echo again to  "Alexa, show me the [Camera Name]" to continue the live feed.  

That is to to avoid straining the network bandwidth in a cloud to cloud service. More details please refer to this FAQ : https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2720/

For continuous live view, it is recommended to watch live view through tapo app in local network directly.   Hope this could help~

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 - Tapo Skill doesn't work "permanently" on Alexa Echo Show-Solution
2021-03-25 12:18:15 - last edited 2021-03-25 12:18:25

@TavinTS Hello, 

So far through Echo show we can only see Live feed of tapo camera , rather than motion detections (motion detection video will be recorded in SD card rather than Cloud). 

When view camera through some 3rd party software like Google home or Echo show, around every 10 mins Echo show will disconnect, this is normal and you will need to ask Echo again to  "Alexa, show me the [Camera Name]" to continue the live feed.  

That is to to avoid straining the network bandwidth in a cloud to cloud service. More details please refer to this FAQ : https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2720/

For continuous live view, it is recommended to watch live view through tapo app in local network directly.   Hope this could help~

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 516

Replies: 1

Related Articles