Tapo c310 will not reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo c310 will not reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tapo c310 will not reset
Tapo c310 will not reset
2021-03-23 17:40:46
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

My Tapo c310 will not reset using the button under the microsd cover. LED stays solid red. I have moved it closer to the router as suggested by customer service and removed it from my camera list.  I went for a reset as it would not stay connected to my router. 

Options
9 Reply
Re:Tapo c310 will not reset
2021-03-25 12:48:07

@PeterBl Hello Peter, 

Please use the original tp-link power cord of this camera. 

With camera powered up, and use a pin to push reset hole for more than 5 secs,  camera itself will say it is being reset when reset is sucessfully done. 

If Camera still have solid Red, please check on your phone & laptop,is there any Tapo Camera Wi-Fi signal? 

Options
2021-05-02 19:00:20

@Solla-topee  I have exactly the same issue with my C310. Have tried a reset but the red LED does not change at all. No sign of it on WiFi. Tried multiple power offs and resets no change. This has occurred since an update a few days ago. Please advise as the unit is only a few months old...

Options
2021-05-06 11:12:44

@Peakie81 Hello, 

May I know was there any power outage during the firmware update? 

Sorry to tell you from your description the camera should be dead, you could contact retailer or local support to check warranty. 

Options
2021-07-24 15:25:44

for real ?

like something so simple totally screws a near brand new camera ? and the soft or hard rest button use useless ? and this renders the camera dead/useless ?

no way seriously ?

Options
2021-07-26 04:44:34

@reset-button Hello,

Software reset only works when camera is still available on the APP. When it has a solid Red, it is recommended to try a hardware reset as the above photo.

As an outdoor camera, the SD card slot and reset button is designed so to protect from splash and rain,  we will record your feedback on the reset hole for our team evaluation to improve the design. Thank you for your suggestion.

Options
2021-07-26 11:46:41
my c310 is totally dead. and my opinion of tapo/tp link is unreliable junk
Options
2021-10-20 10:13:21

@PeterBl 

I have the same problem. did you solve the problem
Options
2021-10-29 05:05:29

@KAMAR 

same problem. How do we do a hardware reset?

Options
2021-10-29 19:35:31

@MightyMike Hardware reset is described above with HW switch near the SD card slot.

I have the same issue since two days, the camera is not resetting by HW switch. Constant slow red blinking LED. It was working fine for about 4 months, now running with firmware 1.1.10 w/o issues. From one day to the next no WLAN connection anymore. Tried with LAN cable, got it somehow working again. But need to reconnect it to the app after each restart.

WLAN seems to be completely dead. When I got it running with LAN and try adding WLAN, there is no single WLAN received by the camera even when its in the same room with the router. After HW reset the camera should show up with own WLAN to connect with mobile, but nothing is scanned with my mobile.

There was no change in the camera nor in other network equipment.

Somehow that thing bricked itself. It is somehow working still with LAN, but no WLAN. I have opened a support ticket, lets see what happens. I read somewhere else that there is a recovery FW available to get it working again?

Did anybody manage to recover his device once again from this state?

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 8400

Replies: 9

Related Articles