Summertime Hour Change

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Summertime Hour Change

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Summertime Hour Change
Summertime Hour Change
2021-03-28 17:41:07
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6

How can I update my plugs to the right time? I see others have mentioned this and the response was that the issue was fixed, but none of my switches have updated. 

Do I have to update each one manually, I really hope not. 

Thanks in advance for any replies. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Summertime Hour Change
2021-03-30 01:11:36

@Gadgetman  Hello, 

You could go to  Kasa app->3 bars on Left top ->Settings-> Location and Time , please change to a different time zone and change it back .

Click on Location and sync the location.

If still the same problem, may I know how did you find out daylight time does not work? Does the plug run schedule rules as the Non-daylight time? What time zone you are using on Kasa app? Thanks 

Options
2021-03-30 13:20:31 - last edited 2021-03-30 13:21:38

@Solla-topee 

I tried changing to Asia time and then changing back and it made no difference, when I checked the plug info it still showed the time an hour behind what it should be.

Basically the plug was till stuck one hour behind the correct time as UK time went forward by an hour over the weekend I could see this when I checked the plugs info. I also logged in and out of the app which made no difference. I was able to control the plug perfectly by the app manually it was just not taking into account the hour change.

I then checked here and for some reason when I changed the location data from Greenwich (Where I live) to Europe London it did change the plugs to the correct time which is an hour forward, this should not make any difference, Greenwich is a district of London. If I change it back to Greenwich then the time is wrong again and shows the time being one hour behind the actual time???

I realised the plug was not on the correct time as all my schedules were out by one hour.

Options
2021-03-31 06:43:55 - last edited 2021-03-31 08:19:22

@Gadgetman 

Thank you for your reply, it looks like Greenwich  is following GMT+0 on Kasa app and does not enter British Summer Time yet, and it is recommended to use European_London time zone  for now. Thank you for your kind feedback,  we will forward your feedback to our team for further evaluation. 

Options