Need 3 way without wire

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Need 3 way without wire

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Need 3 way without wire
Need 3 way without wire
2021-04-06 00:25:34
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version: 1

Hi,

I would like to control a light from 2 diffrents location. Location #1 , power and light wire. Location #2, only power availlable, no 3 wire ...  can i connect a switch at location#2 without any device connect to his load and act as a 3 way switch with location#1 ?  Thanks for any comments !

Options
2 Reply
Re:Need 3 way without wire
2021-04-09 11:22:50

@AlexTrep  

An ordinary 3 way switch still requires 3 lines on each side at least, so I think you need a professional electrician to double-check the wiring in your house if you want to use a 3-way.

Tp-link smart 3 way switch model is HS210KIT. Correctly wiring HS210 normally requires 4 lines in each electrical box: 
1*Common Wire (Live or Load) 
1* Neutral wire,
2*Traveller Wires 
1*Ground Wire (optional)
(NOTE: If  No Neutral Wire is present, HS210  can Not be installed  )

Options
Re:Need 3 way without wire
2021-11-10 17:18:12

@AlexTrep  Did you figure anything out about this. Wanting to use Kasa for a project to hit price points. However, I have the same issue. Need to do a simulated three way with no load at the second location. This is extremely simple with Lutron Caseta, but im trying to keep the budget down for this customer.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 471

Replies: 2