C100 connected to NVR, loses connection regularly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-08 00:53:23
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.17

Hello,

recently purchased this but considering replacing or returning this as it's causing more and more problems.

Setup:

c100 in baby room, micro sd inserted, connected to NVR (agentdvr) and home assistant via wifi, isolated vlan with no internet access (and not going to make any exceptions to this).

Internal ntp setup etc

camera will work fine for a while(10 minutes to an hour) then picture will stop, nvr disconnects.. camera will respond to ping but nothing else.

For testing purposes I added the phone to the vlan so I could see camera in the app but it would also not connect during these "blackout" periods.. lasting from a few seconds to several hours ..

what is going on here? I've looked through the diag logs and nothing pops up really except the cannot resolv , but that shouldn't cause these issues.

Wish there was a way to make the can totally local only.. it should be up to the user to enable or disable cloud feature without having to revert to blocking etc.

form factor and quality are great for this but the 

Options
2 Reply
Re:C100 connected to NVR, loses connection regularly
2021-04-08 11:58:43 - last edited 2021-04-08 12:23:51

@Djelo Hello, 

Thank you for detailed information. 

May I have your network topology or network map and your VLAN settings. 

Please also unbind Google when in the isolated VLAN and see tapo will lose connection or not, may I have a photo when camera lost connection? 

How did you ping camera when the issue happen? 

If possible, can you connect both camera and NVR to the main network, and see does the same issue occur?  

Thanks in advance.

Options
Re:C100 connected to NVR, loses connection regularly
2021-04-08 17:14:20

@Solla-topee 

i have for now added the camera to the main net and observed the same behavior.

Camera has been non connectable for last few hours.

Ping response yes, shows up in app but when clicking on it only results in spinning wheel and failed to connect, rtsp stream not working, camera LED is green..

On the main net the IP is 10.1.125.101, I've made sure it's unlocked from FW and pihole etc.. I'll check diagnostics log in the morning.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 359

Replies: 2

Related Articles