My kasa switch won't sync with my Google home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-11 22:39:13
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm trying to link my kasa switch with my Google home I can only get two steps in and then I am supposed to go to my  kasa  account to authorize but  there is no authorize page. My Google home says that it's linking my kasa switch to Google home but then when I sign in to Kasa it says I have no devices and no authorization screen comes up.

Options
1 Reply
Re:My kasa switch won't sync with my Google home
2021-04-12 09:39:01 - last edited 2021-04-12 09:39:26

@Ineedhelp Hello,

Please make sure your Google Home app is the latest version. 

If authorization page does not show up, please check if you could open that page via Browser as Case1 in this FAQ ? If not please also try a different phone  

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/222

Kindly note that before you link Kasa device in Google home app, please make sure you could control Kasa device in Kasa app remotely (your phone is using mobile data not local wifi at that time)

If still the same problem, please help confirm some details here, thank you

• Do you mean if chose Kasa in Google app, but the authorize page does not show up? Were you able to put in Kasa email/ password at that time?
  • Can I have a photo of the page that setup got stuck on Google app?
  • May I know the Model/OS of your mobile phone?  
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 438

Replies: 1