Watermark on C200 after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Watermark on C200 after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
57 Reply
Re:Watermark on C200 after firmware update
2021-04-16 13:20:09

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe dasselbe Problem. Ich habe 2 WiFi-Kameras Tapo C200, die ich natürlich immer gut pflege und auf dem neusten Stand halte.

Nach dem Firmware-Update auf Version 1.1.7 gibt es nun ein aufdringliches Wasserzeichen unten links.

@Tapo: Bitte das Wasserzeichen sofort wieder entfernen oder wenigstens einstellbar machen. Sowas geht gar nicht.

Options
2021-04-17 09:51:54

This is absolutely ridiculous. Why would you put a FORCED watermark on a camera that is marketed as a SECURITY camera?

There is zero reason for people to know what brand of camera we are using for our security systems.

If you really insist, at least make it optional...

Options
2021-04-17 19:43:51

@kyo 

well said. This is not just annoying, it's also a security risk. 
I will buy another brand ASAP. No other maker has watermark on their camera feed as far as a I know. 

Options
2021-04-18 08:02:55

@Smid I've just upgraded the firmware on my C200 and was surprised with this bs. I agree, forced watermark is unacceptable. I want it removed (or made optional) asap.

Options
2021-04-18 10:07:36

I agree with all!

I was amazed how great the camera is and recommend (and they bought) to my colleges. But this watermark! UNACCEPTABLE!

You have no right to put watermark on the feed. We own the camera it is not on trial!

TP-Link this is a bad move. Why do you want to kill such a great product? WHY?

Options
2021-04-18 14:02:42

Completly agree!

This is a security issue, an it was imposed without notice!

The firmware update description didn't mentioned the embedded watermark 🙁

I want it removed or made optional at least.

Options
2021-04-19 04:50:02

@Smid @TP-Link Completely agree with everyone so far. I was quite happy with my C200 until this.

First, information about the new "functionality" was not included in the firmware update information. Second, it is a paid product: it should just not have a watermark. Third, it can block relevant points in the picture. Fourth, and most important, it is a security issue (as others have mentioned, we do not want other people to know what brand of camera we are using).

Please make the watermark optional through the camera settings menu (and if so, let us use a custom watermark).

Options
Re:Watermark on C200 after firmware update-Solution
2021-04-19 10:02:26 - last edited 2021-12-24 10:56:52

update 21/12/24

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback regarding the video watermark on tapo camera, this feature is now available in Tapo camera new firmware and new Tapo APP!   This feature has been added on all current tapo camera models.

Below are the Firmware (most firmware released in May-July 2021) that added a switch for watermark / logo:

•  ( IOS/Android) Tapo APP required:  2.3.33 and  later version
  • Tapo C310 V1/ V2 : 1.1.8 and later firmware     
  • Tapo C200/ TC70  V1 :   1.1.8 and later firmware   
  • Tapo C200 V2 : 1.1.9 and later firmware    
  • Tapo C100 V1: latest firmware
  • TC60 V1:  1.1.9 and later firmware
  • Tapo C210 V1 :  1.1.6  and later firmware

How to turn off the "Tapo" watermark the Tapo Cameras?

On Tapo App, go to Camera settings -> Advanced settings -> Toggle off the "Display Logo"

Note: try to force close app and reopen it if this option does not show up 

We appreciate your patience as we work to get this to all !

If you still have any  concern with it, please leave the model * hardware and firmware version below, and share the camera MAC by private message, thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-04-19 10:12:32

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for your reply to this topic.
There is also a watermark on the C310 model.

But you now marked your suggestion as THE SOLUTION.

That you have forwarded this to the department. That is not an solution, that is just a part of it.
The solution should be:
a pretty quick firmware update with:

- NO branding or at least the branding optional (to make it optional you only need to add an boolean)

The fix won't take hours! just find the line where to add a picture.
of place a check statement around it and use the boolean to validate that is should be rendered or not.

I also notice that the watermark is disrupting the Motion Detection.
Since the watermark the camera's don't trigger pretty well on smaller movements.

Cameras: Tapo C100 | Tapo C200 | Tapo C310 | Tapo C320WS SmartPlugs: Tapo P100 | Tapo P115 LightBulbs: Tapo L530E | Tapo L630
Options
2021-04-19 20:40:48 - last edited 2021-04-19 20:43:45

@Solla-topee 

I am, as others are disappointed to see the tapo bug appear in the lower left corner of frame, it renders the vision unusable for use as a POV camera in a multi camera setup as it's now the only one that's different.

This needs to be made menu switchable at the very least, I was about to purchase a few C310s but they also suffer the same problem. If the marketing dept thought this was a good idea they've failed. This will backfire, leave the firmware updates to engineering not marketing.

Options
Related Articles