Tapo C200 not working after firmware update to 1.0.14

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-11 17:07:48 - last edited 2020-09-15 09:54:52

slightly at a loss here. I have 16 tapo C200's. I updated all of them earlier today to firmware 1.0.14

13 of them rebooted just fine and are working. 

3 of them didn't and the LED is off - doesn't flash red or anything. The 4 night vision lights by the side are on though.  

1. Unplugging and plugging it back in doesn't work

2. factory reset doesn't work - I don't get the audio message and it doesn't seem to do anything. 

3. Tried plugging those 3 in to different power adapters. That doesn't work either 

4. Took out the SD cards and tried all 3 methods above - doesn't work either. 

They were all fine up to the point of the firmware update. Any ideas? thanks in advance 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo C200 not working after firmware update to 1.0.14-Solution
2022-01-21 02:15:07 - last edited 2022-01-21 02:36:32

@max83  Hello everyone, 

If the Tapo C200 camera got a firmware update failure, make sure you have tried to factory reset the camera with camera powered on, check if camera still responds to a factory reset , or if the camera still broadcasts the Tapo Camera _XXX default SSID,  or if the  LED flashes amber and green.

How to reset my Tapo camera

If factory reset does not help, please contact the retailer or local support to check device warranty.

When contact local support or retailer, you may attach 1. the problem description with device model and hardware version 2.  Led status on camera 3.  if there was any power outage /power disconnection that  interrupts firmware update4. the proof of purchase and SN , so they could deal with your case faster. Thank you. 

Recommended Solution
Options
25 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 not working after firmware update to 1.0.14
2020-09-15 09:54:05 - last edited 2022-02-11 13:11:57

@Sqfg 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

For your case, we might need your help to check the following information:

1. During update, is there any abnormal behavior, or firmware upgrade went through smoothly but the LED light just turned off?
  2. When you reset the camera, is there any change on the system LED, like blinking red, then finally blinking red and green ready for setup?
  3. And is there power outage during the firmware update?
  4. After reset, are you still able to see the default Wi-Fi of the camera?

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-09-16 02:09:06

@Brook 

Hi,

1. Not sure if there was abnormal behavior because i was not beside the cameras. The cameras are all over the house, i updated all 16 of my C200's at the same time from the app in my bedroom, was not looking at any specific camera. 13 updated fine. These 3 did not. 

2. Unable to do factory reset. The camera speaker does not say "reset" and the LED lights do not light up at all. 

3. No power outage. As mentioned i have 16 all running on the same app - 13 upgraded OK. 3 stopped working. 

4. As above, unable to factory reset 

thanks in advance !

Options
2020-09-21 15:45:02

@Sqfg  I have the same problem.
How did you solve this?
I don't even know what to do anymore (

Options
2020-09-21 21:14:38

@Brook hello, I have the same problem.  the camera image has stopped randomly since the firmware update.  taking care of a child with it, reliable operation would be very important

Brook wrote

@Sqfg 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

1. During update, is there any abnormal behavior, or firmware upgrade went through smoothly but the LED light just turned off?
  2. When you reset the camera, is there any change on the system LED, like blinking red, then finally blinking red and green ready for setup?

Thank you very much.

Brook wrote

@Sqfg 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Thank you very much.

Brook wrote

@Sqfg 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Thank you very much.

Brook wrote

@Sqfg 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Thank you very much.

hello, I have the same problem.  the camera image has stopped randomly since the firmware update.  taking care of a child with it, reliable operation would be very important

Options
2020-09-22 01:10:54

@Sqfg 

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

After checking with the senior engineers, there might be something wrong with the Tapo cameras and there is no proper solution yet.

So please try to contact the local warranty office to ask for warranty;

Warranty & RMA support: +603 2141 4358 (Malay & English Service)

Technical Support E-mail:support.my@tp-link.com

Thank you very much for your cooperation and support.

Options
2020-09-22 01:13:35 - last edited 2020-09-22 01:16:14

@Ievgen @solt.soldier 

Hi, Did you also have the issue that the camera stopped to get power and the system LED went off after the firmware update?

Have you tried to factory reset the camera?

After reset, if the system LED has no change and also no default camera wifi shows up, please try to contact the local service center or shop retailer to get the camera replaced.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and support.

Options
2020-09-22 01:39:50

@Ievgen 

No solution - have sent it back to the sellers i bought it from. They haven't reverted back :( 

Options
2020-09-22 01:41:10
thanks - I've sent them back to the vendor for a warranty claim
Options
2020-09-22 08:30:15

@Solla-topee the firmware update was OK, works fine for a while after power up, then randomly loses connection.  sometimes it recovers on its own, but many times a reboot is required.  factory reset occurred several times

Options
2020-10-30 16:49:18

@Brook 

nothing work plz check update , I bought it from Uk an now I’m not there an seller won’t accept it when I back , need help to just downgrade softw

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 10069

Replies: 25

Related Articles