Cannot connect to wifi network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-04 00:42:17
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I am needing help connecting my Tapo C200 to my wifi network it says unable to connect right at the very end of set up. I am aware (from the instructional video) it cannot go on the 5G network so I have been trying to go onto the slower network which is shown in my settings - highlighted in the picture but it won't connect? I have an Iphone 6S operating on a working on the Software version 14.3 IOS from what I can see.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Julia

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot connect to wifi network
2021-05-06 02:58:38 - last edited 2021-05-06 02:59:52

@Ruby2468 Hello Julia, 

If the tapo camera setup failed at the last step, please verify the WIFI password of main Router first 
Go to Settings-> WiFi on your phone, Tap (or Long press  the router's WiFi name  ->Forget / Delete the network 
Please reconnect to your router Wi-Fi and it will ask for a password, will it accept your router password?

Here is an FAQ that introduces some basic troubleshooting, please give it a try: 

What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2747/

If no help, can you help us confirm the some details here:

LED status on the camera after set up failed: is it Red/  Green etc. 

Network topology & model number of the router:  for example router Model Archer C7  )))((( Tapo camera  

Tapo app version: 

Can you share  a photo of the Error message on the APP with us? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 820

Replies: 1

Related Articles