Cannot set time on C100

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot set time on C100

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cannot set time on C100
Cannot set time on C100
2021-06-14 11:52:06 - last edited 2021-06-18 08:11:40
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.9

Hi

I recently purchased two of the C100 cameras and I saw that the times on them are incorrect. I tried to find a setting to fix it, but I can`t set the time on the devices.
I want to set the motion detection to certain times, but because I can`t fix the time, I get my notifications on the incorrect times...

Please assist!
Thanks
Wayne

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot set time on C100
2021-06-18 08:45:37

@WsBarnard  Hello, 

Here are some suggestions whenTapo camera does not get correct time: 

• On Tapo app,  click on ' wheel' icon on the right top of  Live view page --Camera Settings- Time zone, make camera is on the correct time zone
  • Turn off NVR or third party software and Reboot camera in case Onvif software affects the time 
  • Turn off Modem/ Router Firewall settings during test
  • Change Router‘s  (WAN) DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 

Note : Tapo Camera requires Internet to synchronize time from NTP servers, if  tapo only works in local network,  please allow Tapo device to access Internet (Green Led) and see if it could get correct time.

If still the same issue, may I know the model of router and how about  your network topology? Do you use any third party software or NVR?  

Please help collect the log of camera and share with us, thank you.

How to get the logs:

1) Insert an SD card into the camera.

2) On the APP, please go to Camera Settings -> Advanced Settings -> enable Diagnose. The log file will be stored on the SD card.

3) Let the camera run for some time, wait for the recurrence of the problem.

4) Please plug the SD card into the computer's SD card slot or an SD card adapter. Please send the log on the SD card to us.(The name of the file is diagnose_log)

Options
2021-06-18 09:02:15

@Solla-topee 

Hi

Thanks for coming back to me, but for some strange reason after struggling for a while, it just randomly fixed it self... 
After opening the app again to try your suggestions I see the time is correct now. Got no idea how or why!

Thanks anyway!

Just a random question, not sure if I should start another thread or you can answer me here. But is there a web based viewer?
So that I don`t have to go on my phone every time I want to view the camera stream, but I can just use the browser?

Thanks!

Options
2021-06-18 10:06:48

@WsBarnard  

There isn't a tp-link web viewer for tapo, but one of our customers shared a way to view camera via Chrome extension

Shared by @kinimod  :  related thread

'Yes you can try yo use chrome extension "VXG Media Player" and use rtsp url "rtsp://username:password@ip_address:554/stream1'

You may  also consider some rtsp third party softwares like iSpy to view camera:   

How can I play an RTSP live stream of my Tapo camera:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2680/  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1343

Replies: 3

Related Articles