TC70 - Turn OFF Logo

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TC70 - Turn OFF Logo

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TC70 - Turn OFF Logo
TC70 - Turn OFF Logo
2021-06-24 16:35:11 - last edited 2021-06-28 03:23:06

Fixes via updates are for you to improve operation, not an excuse for branding!

I think you need a firmware update fairly soon for the logo removal or the option to turn off. It's already costing you, going by the feedback I've read on many sites.

Do the right thing and bin it. It was a bad idea, and while it stays, the planned 3 more of your cameras I intended to buy isn't going to happen!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TC70 - Turn OFF Logo-Solution
2021-06-25 11:27:40 - last edited 2021-06-28 03:23:06

@Solla-topee  Hi,

I thought I'd update you and others. Although no firmware update was needed, I missed your part about clicking on the 'Me' section. I did this, checked for updates etc, when I went back into the camera settings the 'turn off logo' option was there.

I'm not sure if it's an app or camera glitch, or just a case of me not reading the instructions you gave properly. Either way, the logo on camera has now gone.

Your help and tp-link listening to it's customers is appreciated.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:TC70 - Turn OFF Logo
2021-06-25 08:16:04

@Greg_3 Hello

TC70 (EU) V1 the latest firmware 1.1.9 has a switch to toggle off the watermark. 

Please go to Me-- firmware update , confirm your camera is on the latest firmware first. 

Then double check from  Tapo app--> Camera Settings-->Advanced Settings --> On -screen Display settings --> Display Logo option. 

Options
2021-06-25 08:40:26

@Solla-topee Thanks for the reply.

I went through the checklist you mention, it's not showing in the UK, just says it's on the latest firmware.

I'll keep an eye on the updates.

Thanks again,

Greg

Options
Re:TC70 - Turn OFF Logo-Solution
2021-06-25 11:27:40 - last edited 2021-06-28 03:23:06

@Solla-topee  Hi,

I thought I'd update you and others. Although no firmware update was needed, I missed your part about clicking on the 'Me' section. I did this, checked for updates etc, when I went back into the camera settings the 'turn off logo' option was there.

I'm not sure if it's an app or camera glitch, or just a case of me not reading the instructions you gave properly. Either way, the logo on camera has now gone.

Your help and tp-link listening to it's customers is appreciated.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-06-28 03:23:45

@Greg_3  Thanks for your update and understanding~

Have a nice day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 520

Replies: 4