1 of 4 HS-110 units stuck on Local-Only mode. Also reports time is not in sync

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-09 19:56:13 - last edited 2021-07-10 22:26:18
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

I have 4 HS-110 smart plugs around my house.

2 of those were unplugged for over a year, since the COVID-19 thing.

I decided to bring them back online today. 

I have not done anything with Kasa App for over a year again.

So I decided to update the firmware.

3 of 4 updated fine. 4th one repeatedly says failed to update, please try again later.

The failing plug on the devices screen shows Local Only while other three are displaying the scheduled time underneath them.

I can command the problematic switch from the Kasa app for turning on or off and I am on the same wifi network.

The phone I am using Kasa app on, is sitting next to the HS-110 unit so, WiFi signal strength or coverage is not an issue.

I have unplugged the HS-110 and plugged back in and again to another outlet. No matter what I do, I can not update firmware or let it get out of local only mode.

All other 3 HS-110 units updated to firmware V1.2.6 today, while this problem one is still sittin on 1.2.5 if it is relevant.

I need help.

EDIT: For the record, I did a factory reseton the HS-110 and removed it from my Kasa app  and re-added it as a new device. But as soon as it is discovered, Kasa app tells me new firmware apdate is available and whn I click on update, it fails to update. Do I have a dud in my hand ?

Options
5 Reply
Re:1 of 4 HS-110 units stuck on Local-Only mode. Also reports time is not in sync
2021-07-12 02:03:59 - last edited 2021-07-12 02:05:46

@The_Mel  

Thank you for your detailed information,   I sent you an upgrade tool in the Message box, please try to upgrade firmware manually for HS110 V1 and HS103 V2 and see if HS110 could connect to cloud service, and HS103 could be found by phone or not . 

Options
Re:1 of 4 HS-110 units stuck on Local-Only mode. Also reports time is not in sync
2021-07-30 02:39:50

@Solla-topee 

I have exactly the same problem as @The_Mel , same version and everything! Can you send me the same tool so that I can go through with the upgrade? thanks!

Options
2021-07-30 12:15:38 - last edited 2021-07-30 12:16:45

@Hkwok From the cloud, it seems your smart plug is working now, may I know did you resolve the issue now?

If not, can you let us know the model, firmware and hardware of your smart plug,  and let us the MAC address  of plug by private message, thank you. 

Options
2021-07-30 18:20:36

@Solla-topee 

Sorry for the late response. Was out of town to due to family related matters.

After two plus weeks, I am home, I found your message. Downloaded local upgrade zip file.

Read the instructions and I was ready to start the update.

I went to the 3 horizontal bars on top left corner.

For shits-n-grins I selected "Firmware update". It scanned my network and found the troubled plug and update FW on that.

At the end of the day, I did not have to use the manual method I just downloaded.

What changed between now and the time I posted my message? Obviously something did. Just curious what the change was. I am sure this will happen again and I am pretty sure, whoever has fixed that problem from TP-Link's end, will be long gone without leaving any documentation behind.I have been in IT trenches long enough to know how this will turn out. Just trying to look after myself of the future.

Options
2021-08-04 01:40:24 - last edited 2021-08-04 01:40:49

@The_Mel  It is possible that your device happens to get a regular update as we have not done anything special particularly to your device.. If certain device firmware looks old, we would recommend a manual update first.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1026

Replies: 5