No notifications from ANY camera on ALL devices...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-14 08:27:47

I have 3 Kasa cameras. KC200 x2 and KC120 x1. 

ALL notifications on ALL devices ceased around 2 months ago. 

We have 4 phoned and 2 tablets using the KASA App. None of these receive notifications anymore. 5 Android devices, 1 Apple. 

Tried deleting and reinstalling app. All setting and permissions correct. 

Why is this? How to fix? 

Thanks., 

Options
2 Reply
Re:No notifications from ANY camera on ALL devices...
2021-07-16 07:24:09

@Rambo_The_Great Hello, 

1. Please confirm your Kasa app and firmware of kasa devices are both up to date first. 
  2. Reboot Kasa cameras
  3. Make sure kasa devices are still accessible remotely when your phone is not on house Wi-Fi (switch to 3G/4G  or a outside wifi for a test)
  4. Check and confirm Notifications settings are properly set up on your phones here: 

What should I do if push notifications from my Kasa Cam do not work correctly?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2741/

Options
Re:No notifications from ANY camera on ALL devices...
2021-08-03 06:09:09

@Rambo_The_Great 

When an app fails to work or keeps crashing, the time has come to stop all activities and Shut down the phone. Leave it turned off for 10 to 15 minutes, then, you may Power it on again. This fix will clear out software bugs that may have caused the “ camera not working on android” malfunction, and also boost the overall performance of your Android device.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 501

Replies: 2

Related Articles