reset button

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

reset button

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
reset button
reset button
2021-07-24 15:20:30 - last edited 2021-08-11 01:11:58
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

i have 6 tapo cameras 2 c310 1 c200 and 3 c100. Everything was fine for 3 months,the odd hiccup a reset here and there.

1st issue...1 of the c310 failed to update yesterday,has been grey since.

2nd issue ....the trouble shooting section is handy..................................but at the same time useless if constant red light is not listed.

3rd issue...i press the reset button and nothing happens.

4th issue ... its dead/will not reset/will not connect.

any help would be great

ta.

Options
7 Reply
Re:reset button
2021-07-26 04:37:45

@reset-button 

For camera Solid Red issue, make sure you have reset Tapo camera in the correct way:

RESET: with camera powered on , press the reset button for 5 secs and check if camera respond to the reset. 

Please check my private message try to manually upgrade the firmware for C310 and see if that helps with the issue. 

Check if Tapo camera is broadcast the default SSID.

May I know is there any power outage/ thunderstorm/unstable Wi-Fi during firmware update?

Options
2021-07-26 11:54:11
if it looks like shite,smells like shite,and tastes like shite. You better be carefull you dont stand in shite. as for a reminder that the unit needs to be switched on to reset...............wtf am i a 6 year old.
Options
2021-07-28 08:28:05

@reset-button 

I understand you are frustrated due to the device issue, and we'd like to help with your concern in a more friendly atmosphere.

May I know did you try to upgrade the firmware manually I sent by private message, does that help with the issue? 

Was there any power outage or unstable Wi-Fi in the firmware update process? If you have tried the manual upgrade but still no luck, sorry to tell you the camera should be faulty, and it is recommended to contact the retailer or local support to check warranty.

Options
2021-08-07 23:07:48

@reset-button 

Have done all that was asked of me to get a replacement ynder warrenty,filled in lots of details etc. etc. etc. 

Last i heard was i would be sent a replacement...............................but nothing.

yes i am frustrated,im jumping through hoops.

im coming to terms with tp-link being pretty useless,and i will never get a replacement.

Options
2021-08-10 07:41:31 - last edited 2021-08-10 08:03:44

@reset-button  Hello, 

Please rest assure about the replacement,normally local RMA team will ship the replacement after the faulty unit is received,so please make sure you have shipped back the faulty unit first.It may take some time to pick up the faulty unit and ship the replacement ,If you have not got the replacement for a long time, it is recommended to provide the tracking number to RMA team or local support after the faulty unit is arrived to speed up the RMA process, for more RMA process details please refer to local RMA policy  here: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/replacement-warranty/

I sent you some information about your RMA case via private message, click your profile to check Messges. 

Options
2021-08-10 13:25:29

@Solla-topee 

Past frustration,im now angry. This is nothing more than a scam. 

i will not pay £50 for a replacement

I will not pay £24 for a door 2 door swap

I will not pay £17 postage

tp-link (scamming bastards) will not get a single penny from me ever again.

Once bitten twice shy/an expensive lesson learnt having bought 6 of these useless or soon to be useless units.

End of,do not reply/contact or @ me again.

Options
2021-09-11 13:20:59

@reset-button 

Update

C200 now has a white band across the screen.

So within a couple of months 2 of my 6 tapo units are now junk.

Will i be spending another £17 ?

conclusion.....tapo is complete junk.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 956

Replies: 7

Related Articles