Transfer the SD Card recordings on C200 with FTP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-25 11:49:56
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.11

Hello.

I'm aware of the RTSP ports for streaming camera video, however I was wondering if there's a way to transfer the videos saved to the camera SD card (be it scheduled or constant recording) to a server by an FTP or SFTP port, or any other method to transfer files, since constant wireless streaming isn't reliable for long-term storing.

Since we already require authentication to use RTSP, that could also be used for FTP transfers, since right now I have to pull the sd card out of the camera every now and then to transfer the recordings.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Transfer the SD Card recordings on C200 with FTP
2021-08-03 08:19:32

@joshmichael Hello,

Tapo cameras does not support FTP protocol and I do not see a way to back up the SD card file to an FTP server.

You may need to consider NVR devices to back up or playback the videos as the workaround. 

Thank you for your suggestion, we will record your feedback first for further evaluation. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 4171

Replies: 1

Related Articles