Feature Requests

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Feature Requests

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Feature Requests
Feature Requests
2021-08-05 00:16:22 - last edited 2021-08-10 09:18:31
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.11

Hello.

I have 2 feature requests:

Firstly, I would like to be able to disable the infra-red LEDs so that my cameras (looking out through glazed windows) would be usable after dark.

Being able to disable the Infra-red LEDs is a common feature with your competitors, I believe.

Secondly, I would like to invoke Privacy mode using Amazon Alexa. As I have cameras in multiple locations, I imagine this would have to be a commend such as:

"Alexa, turn on TAPO privacy mode for House1"

Regards

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Feature Requests-Solution
2021-08-06 06:50:58 - last edited 2021-08-10 09:18:31

@Customer0 Hello,
Thank you for  ideas, but I'm afraid the infra -red led  on camera could not be turned off easily like an ordinary Status Led due to its working mechanism. The IR Led is the source the infrared light, turning off IR led means to cut off the source and night mode could not work anymore.  If the outside environment still have some light, you could consider set camera on Day Mode to avoid the IR Led reflection.  Or you may need to consider an outdoor camera like Tapo C310. 

Thank you for suggestion on controlling privacy mode by Alexa, we would record your suggestion first for further evaluation. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-08-11 00:10:18 - last edited 2021-08-11 01:16:18

@Solla-topee 

Many thanks!

"Day-mode" has solved my problem with the infra-red reflection from the windows: I can now see outisde after dark.

(Still hoping or an Alexa enabled privacy mode - or maybe a location specific toggle inthe mobile app)

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
2021-08-06 06:50:58 - last edited 2021-08-10 09:18:31

@Customer0 Hello,
Thank you for  ideas, but I'm afraid the infra -red led  on camera could not be turned off easily like an ordinary Status Led due to its working mechanism. The IR Led is the source the infrared light, turning off IR led means to cut off the source and night mode could not work anymore.  If the outside environment still have some light, you could consider set camera on Day Mode to avoid the IR Led reflection.  Or you may need to consider an outdoor camera like Tapo C310. 

Thank you for suggestion on controlling privacy mode by Alexa, we would record your suggestion first for further evaluation. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Feature Requests
2021-08-06 20:28:28

Many thanks for the reply, and for considering my suggestions.

(I'm surprised that privacy mode can't already be controlled via Alexa. I'm sure this would be a useful and popular feature)

"Day mode" sounds like it might be the solution for the window glare from the infra-red lights. How do I enable this? I can't find where it is configured.

Options
Re:Feature Requests
2021-08-10 09:17:40

@Customer0  Hello, 

On Tapo APP- Live view page, on the right top next to the ' wheel' icon, there is an AUTO ( Day Mode/ Night Mode) option to set is on Day mode. 

Options
2021-08-11 00:10:18 - last edited 2021-08-11 01:16:18

@Solla-topee 

Many thanks!

"Day-mode" has solved my problem with the infra-red reflection from the windows: I can now see outisde after dark.

(Still hoping or an Alexa enabled privacy mode - or maybe a location specific toggle inthe mobile app)

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 490

Replies: 4

Related Articles