Update Firmware From PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Update Firmware From PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Update Firmware From PC
Update Firmware From PC
2021-08-05 10:45:34 - last edited 2021-09-13 13:10:02
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

ive got several HS100 sockets which say "V2.1" on them and work fine (firmware version 1.5.10)

I've been given a couple of sockets which say "v1.0" on them and I am unable to configure them. The app just hangs on "connecting to smartplug". 

I'm wondering if they need the firmware updating, but I cannot do that as the app won't connect to them. 

Is there a way to update via a PC?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Update Firmware From PC-Solution
2021-08-12 09:38:20 - last edited 2021-09-13 13:10:02

It looks like it was because location was turned off in my phone. Worked fine once I turned it on. Would be helpful if the app told you that rather than just hanging

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Update Firmware From PC
2021-08-11 11:28:59

@lotusgary Hello, 

If app hangs on "connecting to smart plug", make sure phone is connected to the default SSID ' TP-LINK__XXXX' in set up process or device could not be found by Kasa APP. This default SSID has no Internet and it will disappear after device is installed successfully. 

• Turn off VPN settings on your phone 
  • Manually Connect to TPLINK _ Smart XXX SSID when the app guides to connect to smart Wi-Fi, and go back to Kasa app

iOS: Go to the Settings page, click on the Wi-Fi option to connect to the Kasa Cam’s Wi-Fi manually.

Android: Go to the Settings page to connect to the Kasa Cam’s Wi-Fi network. Once it’s connected, please go back to the Kasa app and click on "Try Again".)

•  for IOS14 and above, enable Local network Permission for Kasa app 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2937/

May I know the model and OS of your phone, did HS100 V1 work fine before, thanks. 

Options
Re:Update Firmware From PC-Solution
2021-08-12 09:38:20 - last edited 2021-09-13 13:10:02

It looks like it was because location was turned off in my phone. Worked fine once I turned it on. Would be helpful if the app told you that rather than just hanging

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 592

Replies: 2

Related Articles