Tapo C200 doesn't list any Wifi network, even when sitting next to the router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-11 14:19:56 - last edited 2021-08-11 14:36:24
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I followed the guidelines that come with the camera, download the app, connect the camera to the power socket, reseted it, and followed the instructions on the app. I can connect to the camera, but on the next step the camera just doesn't list any wifi hotstops.

There are several SSIDs available, and mine is configured for 2.4Ghz and 5G, I have them both, it should at least see the 2.4Ghz, but shows nothing.

I can see Tapo_Cam_23FD SSID and can even connect to it.

Anyone ever had a similar problem?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 doesn't list any Wifi network, even when sitting next to the router
2021-08-12 03:37:02

@davidsb  Hello, 

Thank you for your feedback, may I have a photo when tapo scan for the Wi-Fi on Tapo APP? Are there WiFi signals from neighours  on your phone? 

Please try to factory the camera and add camera again on APP

reset: with camera powered on, keep press the reset button until led flashing or camera says ' reset is done' 

Make sure router wifi signal is between channel 1-11

Enable hotspot wifi (2.4Ghz) on the phone and see if camera could find the wifi

Can you share the MAC address of camera if the above does not work, may I know when did you buy this camera does it work before? Thank you in advance. 

Options
Re:Tapo C200 doesn't list any Wifi network, even when sitting next to the router
2021-08-12 09:13:50 - last edited 2021-08-12 09:17:12

thanks for your answer, so I did the following:

1) turn on camera
2) reset for a few seconds until hearing the sound stating that reset is completed
3) launch app on the phone, follow the guideline
4) camera blinks red/green
5) app can connect to the camera/founds it (I can also connect with my phone or laptop to it's wifi SSID "Tapo_Cam_23FD" directly)

Then, on the next step the following appears (sorry, for the size, it was a screenshoot, and I can't resize on the Forum Image insert option)

This my WiFi configuration (it's in Portuguese, but you can easily see that 2.4G is using channel 6 - although the interface suggests to leave it automatically)

Using my laptop and phone I can see all these WiFi SSIDs, from myself and from the neighbours

The MAC address of the cam is the following:

E8-48-B8-54-23-FD

It was bought 2 weeks ago in Portugal, this is the first time I'm trying to connect it/set it up.

Thanks for your feedback!

Best,

David

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 630

Replies: 2

Related Articles