deactivate camera wlan

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

deactivate camera wlan

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
deactivate camera wlan
deactivate camera wlan
2021-08-19 14:12:10 - last edited 2021-09-13 13:38:45
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

I have a C310 outdoor camera. This sends out its own, unencrypted wlan (for example for the first installation), the name is "tapo_cam_xxxx".
After I connected the camera in my home wifi, the "tapo_cam_xxxx" network is still broadcast and everyone in the area can access it.
How can I deactivated this?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:deactivate camera wlan-Solution
2021-08-20 01:28:13 - last edited 2021-09-13 13:38:45

@_Alex  Hello, 

Thank you for your feedback , the default SSID  "tapo_cam_xxxx" (unsecured WiFi) should disappear after camera is installed (connect to router's wifi) successfully.

Please ensure the camera has a Green Led .

Double check if camera is still accessible remotely when phone is on mobile data or outside Wi-Fi network ( phone disconnect from home Wi-Fi)

If power off that camera, will the default SSID "tapo_cam_xxxx" disappear? You could try to factory reset the camera by pressing the reset button until camera 'reset is done ' and install it again from Tapo APP.

If it still broadcast the SSID, can you share the MAC address of camera, and share a photo of the SSID? Many thanks!

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:deactivate camera wlan-Solution
2021-08-20 01:28:13 - last edited 2021-09-13 13:38:45

@_Alex  Hello, 

Thank you for your feedback , the default SSID  "tapo_cam_xxxx" (unsecured WiFi) should disappear after camera is installed (connect to router's wifi) successfully.

Please ensure the camera has a Green Led .

Double check if camera is still accessible remotely when phone is on mobile data or outside Wi-Fi network ( phone disconnect from home Wi-Fi)

If power off that camera, will the default SSID "tapo_cam_xxxx" disappear? You could try to factory reset the camera by pressing the reset button until camera 'reset is done ' and install it again from Tapo APP.

If it still broadcast the SSID, can you share the MAC address of camera, and share a photo of the SSID? Many thanks!

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:deactivate camera wlan
2021-08-20 10:42:41

@Solla-topee : At first THX for your feedback!

I'll check this the next few days, especially first the LED status.
Is it possible that a restricted WLAN (guest) has an effect on this?

General - does a certain IP and port have to be open for the camera, to communicate externally with TP-Link (Tapo) servers?

Options
Re:deactivate camera wlan
2021-08-23 10:55:53

@_Alex  Hello, 

It is pretty weird that camera still brocast its own SSID, I do not see the relation with a Guest WiFi. 

Tapo camera may use below porst to properly get cloud service, you could check the firewall on router or the firewall on the modem and make sure these are not blocked. 

TCP : 433/554/2020/8800 
UDP: 20002

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 317

Replies: 3