c200 not showing up in the wifi net

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-29 15:47:37

Hi guys!! I have a tapo c200. It worked fine for months. Suddenly stop working and trying to reconnect it and following the app instructions the camera does not shows in the wifi net list. Can somebody help me? I have reset the camera several times. htanks! 

Options
4 Reply
Re:c200 not showing up in the wifi net
2021-08-30 01:54:59

@DiegoARG  Hello, 

May I know did you try a factory reset on the Tapo Camera? It is recommended to factory reset camera until camera says it is being reset. 

Here is a guide to factory reset camera: 

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/Z2P3IkkwkkU

Try multiple devices like a different phone or laptop to check if Tapo Camera XX default SSID show up or not.

Can I know what did camera say durding a factory reset and how about current Ledstatus on camera if the above does not work?

Options
2021-08-31 20:48:44

@Solla-topee hi! thank you for the reply . before you sent me the video I did the factory reset. The camera blink red and then bip after the 5 seconds. I did that multiple times. I try 2 different phones, not showing up the Tapo Camera XX default SSID. Now what it does is the red and green blinking. I plug it in, the camera turns on, red led on, moves to one side, another, up and down, then blinks red and green but it does not shows up in the net.

Options
2021-09-01 16:35:19

@DiegoARG You have described all the correct operation of the camera. And what you mention has also happened yo me in a c100 and c200. These cameras connect very well when they are already linked to the tplink account and you can move them further away (very high ceiling, more walls, glass) But... I do not recommend that you delete them from your account and link them again at any time or ... In that case you have to remove it from the far place and do it as close to the router snd with a lot of patience until yoj recognize it later you will no longer have problems.

Options
2021-09-02 03:53:17

@DiegoARG Hello, 

Thank you for your further information, if none of the device could see the default SSID, the camera sounds faulty to me.

It is recommended to check warranty with local retailer or local support to check device warranty, you could share the forum details with them, thank you for time with troubleshooting.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 633

Replies: 4

Related Articles