HS200 unresponsive in Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-30 06:43:04
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

Hey, so I've got a bunch of different Kasa switches linked to my Alexa app, all were working great for a few months until tonight.The 5x HS220, 3x HS210 and 2x KD400 all connect but all 7x HS200 are unresponsive in Alexa app and to Alexa voice commands. I went to the Kasa app and noticed all the HS200 are "local only" and do work in the kasa app, so it's not a wifi problem... the firmware is up to date on all kasa devices, echos and routers. I tried removing and discovering devices again, tried disabling and enabling the kasa skill again, also tried manually powering on and off the switches and then resetting devices, I'm not sure what else I could try, I find it strange that only all 7 of one model don't work while every other device of each of the other three models works. Hoping to get this solved before my wife gives me an earful about how slightly inconvenient it is to have to manually turn on lights again, aha appreciate any help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS200 unresponsive in Alexa
2021-09-01 08:24:18 - last edited 2021-09-01 08:25:40

@rhanra  Hello, 

Sorry for the delayed response. the local only means the HS200 failed to connect to connect to cloud service at that time. 

From cloud HS200 are online right now, the ' local only' error should be gone, may I know are you able to control switch via Alexa right now?

You could try to reboot router,  turn off the firewall settings on modem and router, and change router's DNS to 8.8.8.8 /8.8.4.4 next time when the same issue happens.

May I have a chance to know the model of your router, thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 519

Replies: 1