Tapo C110 audio issues - rythmical ringing noise

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-12 13:22:37 - last edited 2021-10-04 14:07:56
Model: Tapo C110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

Hello community,

I finally received my Tapo C110, looking very much forward to the improved picture quality due to the 3MP resolution.

As expected, the picture is great, but there is something wrong with the audio. For all my four C110 cameras there is a loud rhythmical ringing noise in the audio, when using the app on Android or ios, which is very annoying. It is also audible in the recordings on the SD card (Samsung Evo 256GB).

As it occurs for all four cameras, I assume there is either a hardware issue or (I hope) an issue with the firmware.

I tested in different rooms, in parallel with a C100 - everything points to the camera itself as origin of the issue.

I would be very happy to receive some feedback, if someone also encounters this and if there is a solution available

Otherwise I need to return all cameras and will sadly stick with the C100.

Thanks!

regards, Olaf

Update:

The noise seems to be a problem caused by playback on the phone (codec problem?) - on the phone I do hear the ringing noise, but if I play the same file on my PC using VLC, there is NO noise. I used e.g. iPhone 12 with iOS 14.7.1 and latest app version from appstore (Germany). Noise changed depending on resolution used for recording: 720p - no ringing, just crackling/buzzing noise, 1080p ringing noise, 3MP high-pitched ringing noise.

Update 2:

I also tried with the new C210 - no issue here. The noise is only observed for the C110. Also tested with iOS 14.8 and iOS 15, no difference.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo C110 audio issues - rythmical ringing noise
2021-09-13 01:47:04

@Tapolaf  Hello, 

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

May I have a video clip showing the rhythmical ringing sound in video clips or live view? You may share via Google Drive link, many thanks. 

Please also share the Mac and SN number of your camera to us via private message, thank you

Options
2021-10-04 14:09:57

@Solla-topee 

Hi, any update from your side? I updated my first report with some more details.

Thanks.

Options
2021-10-09 07:56:10

Hello@Tapolaf , sorry for the late response, I listened to that video (tested with phone speaker on iphone12, IOS 14.5 ,not earphone), the noise should be the background noise of camera and not that noticeable when play aloud. But as different people's perception on the noise could be different , I will escalate your case to seniors and see if they have any further suggestion, we would like to follow up your case through email, please check your inbox later, thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 587

Replies: 3