KL130 - NO Remote Control in Kasa App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-16 09:10:22
Model: KL130  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.12

Hi,

I have just installed a KL130, and noticed that I have no way to control the light when outside the house. Looking at the Kasa app for android, there is no remote control access for the light, and no way to turn it on or off remotely.

Is there something I'm missing, I thought you were able to contorol the lights from anywhere?

Options
1 Reply
Re:KL130 - NO Remote Control in Kasa App
2021-10-12 06:39:33 - last edited 2021-10-12 06:40:27

Hello@eatsleep,

The bulb should be accessible remotely and locally after being set up with router, we have a troubleshooting guide for remote control issue, please give it a try first

Why can’t I enable Remote Control on the Kasa app? https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2243/

Does issue happen when you try to use phone mobile data or connect phone to non- home WiFi network? What is the error message at that moment? May I know the model of router, does tp-link device connect to router directly or through extenders? Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 403

Replies: 1