Low fps of tapo c 310

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Low fps of tapo c 310

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Low fps of tapo c 310
Low fps of tapo c 310
2021-09-23 21:27:37 - last edited 2021-09-26 00:49:43
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.10

The fps of camera tapo c310 is 15 which results in distorted still image of any moving person which results in difficulties in any possible investigation which negatively affects the security goals, I think the suitable fps should be minimum 24, is it possible for Tp-Link to make that update for camera tapo c310  through firmware update on line? . 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Low fps of tapo c 310
2021-09-24 05:46:57 - last edited 2021-09-26 00:49:43

Hello@Yacout , 

I'm afraid the frame rate is fixed at 15fps and there isn't an option to change this parameter for tapo cameras so far.  

Thank you for the suggestion, we will record your feedback further for further evaluation.

Options
Network selection
2021-10-23 11:07:59

@Yacout  Off topic I know but my new Tapo C310 smart camera wants to hijack my usual Telstra WiFi network and insists that I use it's own network. This one is very UNSECURE and my Smart Modem rejects it instantly and immediately disconnects from the Internet. From the Apple Tapo App, I get the message that I have to go into my Modem settings and alter the security level to allow the Tapo Network to gain access - and that I'm not going to do! I have checked all the WiFi and Privacy settings are OK on my iPhone. I have never seen an external WiFi device that cannot use the default Home Network! Please tell me that this is not as intended?

Options
Network selection
2021-10-29 09:58:23 - last edited 2021-10-29 10:07:03

Hello @AirBus , 

Can you start a new thread from here and explain what happened? I'm not quite sure if I got you correctly,  are you trying to set up the new Tapo camera but has any Error message.  Make sure phone is connected to the default SSID ' Tapo Camera_XXXX'  when Tapo APP guides to do that or smart device could not be found by the APP. 
(the default SSID has no Internet, and it will disappear after smart device is installed successfully. )

Turn off VPN settings and moble data on your phone, forget router Wi-Fi on your phone it phone keeps connecting back to router, later manually connect to  default Tapo SSID when the app guides to connect to smart Wi-Fi, and go back to the app to continue set up. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1532

Replies: 3

Related Articles