C310 Camera far too sensitive - please help!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-27 11:38:00
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.14

I have had my Tapo C310 for approximately 3 weeks.  I have slowly had to narrow the areas of activity in all settings plus choosing the lowest sensitivity due to the number of notifications that I have been receiving.  The camera seems to pick up everything - dust shadows caused by the sun moving, reflection of lights on the car windscreen, spiders and their webs, tiny tiny flies, leaves blowing across in the wind, bushes moving in the wind - all this before a person even enters the drive.  Now that the weather has turned for the worse the alerts are happening nearly every minute - I assume from the wind.  Surely this cannot be right?

My phone and tablet batteries are running down so quickly.  I can see from this forum that I am not alone - so can you please advise me what your engineers can do about this because at the moment I am going alert crazy and the easiest thing to do is turn the notifications off - which is not why I purchased the camera.

Options
3 Reply
Re:C310 Camera far too sensitive - please help!!
2021-09-28 03:08:45 - last edited 2021-09-28 03:09:06

Hello, @SusieR_123 really appreciated for your feedback.

Tapo C310 V1 1.1.10  latest firmware optimized the motion detection sensitivity part, you could try out this firmware later. 
This firmware is currently on release stage, it is recommended to wait for some time for the new available firmware on Tapo APP, as firmware release is in batches, this could take another  few weeks , please  feel free to let me how it goes if you get the chance, thank you for your patience

Options
2021-11-08 13:32:19

@Solla-topee I believe I have now managed to download the latest firmware. Since the firmware has been downloaded the filming seems to stop after sometime and asks you to refresh the screen. 
Kind regards

SusieR_123

Options
2021-11-09 02:12:00

Hello @SusieR_123 

Thank you for your further feedback, may I know the model of your phone its Android or IOS version?  Can I have a photo for ' after sometime and asks you to refresh the screen.  '? Please ensure Tapo APP  is up-to-date. Please also check my private message to help collect the log, thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1185

Replies: 3