Tapo C200 Firmware Update interrupted due to power loss AND it is not working now...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo C200 Firmware Update interrupted due to power loss AND it is not working now...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-09 11:05:09
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

After setting up C200 for the first time, everything was perfect. After that I initiated the Firmware Update, during update porcess we have power loss and it is interrupted. Now I plugged in the C200 but only night vision lights are on but the device is not accessible anymore. I tried to reset button but it didn't worked...

Pls advise what to do ...

Cheers,

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 Firmware Update interrupted due to power loss AND it is not working now...
2021-10-11 01:42:42

Hello @YZorman 

It is suggested to try a factory reset with camera powered ON, and see if tapo respond to the factory reset (camera normally will say reset is done or flash amber and green)

How to reset my Tapo camera? https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2705/

If the Status Led still off and camera will not respond to a factory reset, sorry to tell you it could be some  irretrievable damage on device due to the power outage in firmware update process, you could contact the retailer or local support and check device warranty. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1224

Replies: 1

Related Articles