Random light bulbs going unresponsive

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-01 10:42:25 - last edited 2021-11-02 01:34:48
Model: Tapo L530E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

I have here in my office 4 Tapo L530E and a TP-Link AX6600 router.

About 1-2 times a week, a random light bulb goes unresponsive (they go grey in the app, can't be reached), this may happen when the lights are either ON or OFF. Sometimes turning the bulbs off and on fixes it, sometimes I don't do anything and they just go back to normal after a few hours.

The issue is not from a single light bulb because it can happen to any of them, it can't be the router because when one light is unresponsive all other 3 work fine. 

Firmwares for all bulbs and router have already been updated to the latest version. I actually bought this high end router because I thought it would fix my issues with these bulbs (I had a cheap router before), but a high end router has shown no improvement. 

Why does this happen?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Random light bulbs going unresponsive
2021-11-02 07:57:55

Hello @Fbphotothank you for your detailed post  we could try some troubleshoot steps below to help isolate issue:

1.  Try a different 2.4G Wi-Fi channel on router with ' Smart Connect' OFF

You could download  Wi-Fi analyzer APP or software and select a less overlapped 2.4Ghz channel for router.

2. Ensure tapo device receives strong Wi-Fi signal from main router:

Tapo app->  Device Settings-> tap name of the device ->tap on the Wi-Fi icon to see the value of the dBm 

(-40dBm- 70dBm is good to average, less than -70dBm is relatively poor : relocate tp-link device or router to get stronger signal)

May I double-check the model of router, it is AX90, dos bulbs connect to router directly or through extender, can I know the signal strength of the offline Bulbs, thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 960

Replies: 1