How to configure camera on PC using an emulator, e.g. nox or bluestacks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-03 07:39:30
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I want to set up the C200 camera via emulator on the PC (Windows 10).
My PC is connected to the internet via the WLAN of my router. The Tapo app is installed on the emulator (nox). The camera is switched on and flashes red/green. I am stuck in the step where you are supposed to connect to the camera's network, Tapo_Cam_XXXX. There is an active network with this name. But how do I connect to this network? Do I have to change the WLAN network in Windows? Or can I do this via the user interface of the emulated mobile phone (but the Tapo_Cam_XXXX network is not recognised there)?
I hope you can help me. Of course, the best thing would be a short Youtube video, as I'm sure others have the same problem.

Tranks

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to configure camera on PC using an emulator, e.g. nox or bluestacks
2021-11-08 08:34:02

Hello @chr77

Tapo Camera need to be installed through Tapo APP, not Andriod emulator. 

Tapo APP will guide mobile phone to connect to default SSID Tapo XX, thus tapo device could be found by app, this process could not be done through the Android emulator.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2660

Replies: 1